Chevron Supreme Synthetic Blend and Havoline

I was in Chevron branded quick mart yesterday and noticed the Chevron oil. My guess it's the same as Havoline

Have six quarts of this in my Ford right now. Great oil. Fabulous price.

1666971549212.jpg

I've run a boat load of Chevron Supreme through my vehicles as it was the best deal available. Bought it at Costco by the case or at Walmart by the jug. Recently, it's not been available. Costco has their Kirkland brand now and Walmart has replaced it on the shelf with 32 flavors of SuperTech.

Chevron Supreme syn blend big blue bottle still available at Walmart online for 17 bucks, used to be much cheaper. I have two jugs left.

Chevron Supreme is Chevron's value option to my knowledge, Chevron Supreme is meant to be the entry level syn-blend/conventional oil and Havoline is now "synthetic technology" which I think is still a syn blend but using Chevrons better base oils, Chevron's always been big on hydro isomerization processes that they've historically refered to under trademarks such as ISOSYN, ISODEWAXING, or ISOFINISHING.

How have you arrived at this guess? Have you done a thorough analysis of the two oils?

That’s why it’s called a guess and he is close. They are both from Chevron. Havoline does have a full synthetic line but a VOA of Chevron Supreme and Havoline Synthetic Blend might be close.

That’s a guess on my part.