Chevron Supreme or kirkland oil

I can get kirkland full syn or chevron supreme for 12.50 for 5 quarts.
Supreme 5w 30 is syn blend,there 10w 30 is not. Not sure why 10w 30 is not a blend. Kirkland is full syn.
Engine is 2006 5.3 chevy 200k +.. change every 7k.
Just looking for overall opinions on what you would run in florida, gets hot in summer and I tow.
B.t.W. I have ran kirkland, never ran chevron. Mobil 1 H.M. in there now.

Either one will be fine I would think. I’ve never used Kirkland since I don’t have a Costco here but I’ve heard good things about it.

Either would be fine, but NOT for your mentioned 7K OCI.

IMHO, I would change every 5K miles, maximum. It's what I follow in my 2006 Silverado with the same Gen III engine.

I live in Alaska and Wisconsin; you live in Florida. Invariably, YMMV.

Come to think of it, I would likely run a SN-Rated 15W-40 if I lived in Florida.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I would likely run a SN-Rated 15W-40 if I lived in Florida.
That’s what we often do in Australia.

Come to the Dark Side.....We have 15W40

Last edited:
I've used CS from Costco for many years. They would go on sale regularly at costco. I think I have my last batch running in one of the cars. Need to check my excel sheets. Costco stopped carrying them and my oci was typically 3500-4500 miles.

For a 7K oci, I would go with the full synthetic Kirkland but just because it says "full synthetic" as I have no other data ... I used to use Supreme in 3 cars and in of one our new cars for the first 50K miles. Then I joined bitog and became a syn snob. That plus syn is not much more expensive than dino or blend. My old truck doesn't burn any oil with Supreme 10W30 dino so i will buy it again. This car doesn't like blend for some reason. Never tried full syn in it either.

iirc there are many good uoa reports with Supreme and it's a cooler name than Kirkland :alien:

In case you are considering other full syn options:
M1 EP 10W30 if you don't mind paying more. it should handle 7K oci easy.

Last edited:
Either would be fine, but NOT for your mentioned 7K OCI.

IMHO, I would change every 5K miles, maximum. It's what I follow in my 2006 Silverado with the same Gen III engine.

I live in Alaska and Wisconsin; you live in Florida. Invariably, YMMV.

That's what I run in my 5.3 in Florida

Kirkland Full Synthetic. It is made by Warren and a very very good oil. Same as Amazon Basic, Super Tech & Mag 1. I have run it and had no issues.

Hogwash, Kirkland will do fine for 7500. In fact, 6-7k is what I'm running in the Equinox (OLM 10-20%). I sure as hell would not run syn blend/dino for 7500. Plenty of UOAs with Kirkland/Supertech run up to 10k.

Hogwash, Kirkland will do fine for 7500. In fact, 6-7k is what I'm running in the Equinox (OLM 10-20%). I sure as hell would not run syn blend/dino for 7500. Plenty of UOAs with Kirkland/Supertech run up to 10k.
That equinox have the 1.5?

Back