Chevron Supreme High Mileage 10w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this oil yesterday and in it went! I will run this about 2,000 miles and then do another change, on the second change I will do a UOA at 5,000 miles.

So far, real quiet at start-up (+28F) and seems just as smooth all the way up the RPM scale as the Mobil 1 10w-30 it replaced.

I will watch MPG closely to see if there is any difference.

Darryl
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Darryl:
I just found this oil yesterday and in it went! I will run this about 2,000 miles and then do another change, on the second change I will do a UOA at 5,000 miles.

So far, real quiet at start-up (+28F) and seems just as smooth all the way up the RPM scale as the Mobil 1 10w-30 it replaced.

I will watch MPG closely to see if there is any difference.

Darryl
patriot.gif

I really would like to try this oil as my next oil, but the Walmarts here don't stock this HM oils, just the Chevron supr. regular oils.
As we don't have Kragen/Checkers here, I don't know how I'm going to get some of this; I wonder if I should ask my friends in Washington to buy and mail some to me..?
Are there any internet shops which carry this?

Darryl, what kind of car/motor are you going to use this in?

'99 Dodge Dakota (good ole' American pushrods)
patriot.gif
The motor has 58,000 miles. I bet if you keep searching online, you'll find somewhere you can buy it.

Darryl

Would the Havoline High mileage oil be the same formulation as the Chevron Supreme high mileage oil? I have to say that the Havoline High mileage oil bottles are the ugliest color I have seen on a motor oil bottle.

[ February 13, 2004, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Buzzsaw ]

quote:

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:
Would the Havoline High mileage oil be the same formulation as the Chevron Supreme high mileage oil? I have to say that the Havoline High mileage oil bottles are the ugliest color I have seen on a motor oil bottle.

When I looked at the tech data sheets the Chevron and Havoline high mileage oils looked exactly the same. Maybe 97tbird can get the Havoline high mileage locally.

You're right: Ugly bottle. But one of my favorite bottles is the regular Havoline with the piston on the label.
smile.gif

quote:

I just saw the Havoline H-M here in Tenn. at Advance. Should be the same product and a lot easier to get here.

quote:

I'm also wondering about this...does anybody know where to find a spec sheet for both these, so we can compare?

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:

quote:

I'm also wondering about this...does anybody know where to find a spec sheet for both these, so we can compare?

sorry...I missed TALLPAUL's post totally...
so it IS the same oil!
We do have Advance auto parts here; I might have a look tomorrow.
TallPaul: thanks.
cheers.gif

97Tbird, I saw the oil at a Fred's discount store as well. I think it was $1.77 a quart.

quote:

Go here: http://www.chevron.com/prodserv/nafl/auto/content/motoroils.shtm and click "data sheets" on the left. Then enter the words high mileage in the search. Should bring up both Chevron and Texaco. I just was there but could not load the data sheets (maybe they are updating them?). Never hurts to see for yourself and get a look at the specs.

[ February 14, 2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:

quote:

Go here: http://www.chevron.com/prodserv/nafl/auto/content/motoroils.shtm and click "data sheets" on the left. Then enter the words high mileage in the search. Should bring up both Chevron and Texaco. I just was there but could not load the data sheets (maybe they are updating them?). Never hurts to see for yourself and get a look at the specs.

thanks again for the help, Tallpaul.

the 2 oils are identical in the given spec's(visc., pp, fp etc).
But I wonder when it comes to additive components like Moly and Boron if they have equal amounts. I do know that the REGUALR Chevr.supr. has more of both than the regular Havoline(there's a comparision in the VOA section), although I don't know if that matters that much...
I guess the only way to know it all is to compare VOA's of both...?

Good point. I thought I saw a UOA or VOA on Chevron and Havoline regular oils showing a much better flash point on the Havoline. Also, call Chevron Texaco. Likely they will tell you the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back