Chevron Supreme API SN Plus vs API SN

Noticeable improved Fuel Economy on SP formula. My Fuel Gauge needle was noticeably above the E line after 334 miles; usually my light goes on around that time. I prob could have gone another 40-50 miles.

Noticeable improved Fuel Economy on SP formula. My Fuel Gauge needle was noticeably above the E line after 334 miles; usually my light goes on around that time. I prob could have gone another 40-50 miles.
Due solely to the API license change? Amazing.

Due solely to the API license change? Amazing.

I mean I could be wrong, but I dunno...

No oil will change fuel economy in any noteable way, you might see something like a 2% difference averaged across a large fleet switching from 5w-30 to 0w-20, When individually fuel economy changes it has more to do with the difference between winter and summer gas and whether you're running the AC less, changes in driving habits, etc, changing between different oils will have virtually no distinguishable difference in fuel economy at the individual tank level assuming all other variables are the same.

No oil will change fuel economy in any noteable way, you might see something like a 2% difference averaged across a large fleet switching from 5w-30 to 0w-20, When individually fuel economy changes it has more to do with the difference between winter and summer gas and whether you're running the AC less, changes in driving habits, etc, changing between different oils will have virtually no distinguishable difference in fuel economy at the individual tank level assuming all other variables are the same.
Correct. 2% is probably a bit high for one grade.

The energy density of gasoline is also quite variable. One study I linked here at one time showed it varied up to 4% even at the same gas station.

I dunno. Last tank run same thing. Got to around 330 miles and needle had good amount to go (about 1/6th) E-1/4, light not on yet. I'm gonna run this tank down and do the math. I'm also starting to notice other things happening too. My eyesight seems to be getting better. And I noticed I have more vitality and areas of my head which have long been devoid of hair are starting to regrow. Possibly all thanks to Chevron.I was thinking about dipping a lottery ticket in some to see if it might better my odds.

I dunno. Last tank run same thing. Got to around 330 miles and needle had good amount to go (about 1/6th) E-1/4, light not on yet. I'm gonna run this tank down and do the math. I'm also starting to notice other things happening too. My eyesight seems to be getting better. And I noticed I have more vitality and areas of my head which have long been devoid of hair are starting to regrow. Possibly all thanks to Chevron.I was thinking about dipping a lottery ticket in some to see if it might better my odds.
A little dab will do ya!

So today, my gas light came on, and by the time I hit the gas station I hit 382.5 miles. For some reason the pump stopped at 7.9 gal-which at the time I (incorrectly) thought was about right since needle still above the line, but when I left the needle was about halfway between F and 3/4, and I just left since I didn't want to deal with filling it proper. I (hope) that was just a freak issue w/ that particular pump. I imagine it would have been around 10 gal had it pumped to full. I will add more gas to get it back to F, and reset my ODO again, but yes, something is up. I'm not complaining. But yea, my car for some reason is now getting around 37/38 MPG when it normally would get around 34MPG.Has gotten 34mpg for years and years (Automatic). For most part speeds around 60-65mph, with some lead foot spurts of 70-75mph. My driving habits haven't changed. I haven't changed tire pressure, and in fact I should prob check them since overdue, lol. I could see maybe b/c it's fresh oil vs oil that's 1000+ miles old, but I doubt it. I've never gotten 380+ miles out of this tank before and it's a 20yr old car.

Ran gas all the way down again (my poor fuel pump). Never had needle sit BELOW the E line. Gas light flashing like mad. 388.7 miles/10.811 gallons. My driving habits haven't really changed. 35.9x MPG..or 36mpg. It's always been 32-34. I would like to say definitely there is improvement. Possible might nullify itself out as oil gets more miles on it.

Back