Chevron Supreme and Schaeffer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Chevron Supreme compare with other conventional oils and synthetic oils in a 3000 to 5000 mile oil change?

And how does Schaeffer's 7000 compare with synthetic oils in an extended oil change?

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
How does Chevron Supreme compare with other conventional oils and synthetic oils in a 3000 to 5000 mile oil change?

And how does Schaeffer's 7000 compare with synthetic oils in an extended oil change?

I haven't seen a bad UOA on Chevron Supreme yet.....I think it can hang in there with the best of them in the 3-5k mile interval.

Chevron Supreme and Pennzoil are excellent oils IMO. You will see no difference IMO between these two and any good synthetic at 5k mile drains. UOA's backs this up.

Mystic

Look at the Used Oil Analysis, UOA, and compare.

I think you will find the Schaeffer's Supreme oils perform very favorably against the full synthetics in actual usage. And at $12.00 a gallon the only economic competition is Shell Rotella 5w-40 at $14.00.

You can spend more money and get better oil than the Schaeffer's Supreme. A cost per mile analysis will show that you will need to really do one of those 25,000 mile intervals to get your moneys worth from a $27.00/ gallon Delvac 1 or a $32.00/ gallon Redline.

Just one man's opinion.

The technical guy at Schaefffer's indicated that the Blend is good for 9K miles. I am currently comparing it to the Schaeffers Synthetic which did better than Mobil 1. I'll be able to answer your question better in about 4 months. I'll probably go 8K miles
smile.gif

Seems to me that Schaeffer's 7000 could replace any synthetic oil for a 8000 mile oil change and even flow pretty good in the wintertime. And without any of the drawbacks of the synthetics: poor UOAs, too thin, no API certification, etc.

Chevron Supreme or Pennzoil would be good enough for anybody doing 3000-5000 mile oil changes.

Only time that a PAO or ester synthetic would be required would be for extreme cold (or extreme heat), maybe towing, and for vehicles that require synthetic oil, such as the Corvette.

Otherwise, two or three motor oils would fulfill the needs for 90% of everybody.

Let me say this. Our very best UOA on this site was a 15,000 mile run using one of the Schaeffer Oil Supreme 7000 blends! It was in a Dodge Neon.

I really do not think myself that I would want to go over say 17,000 miles with synthetic oil, so if you can go 15,000 miles with Schaeffer's 7000 blend at $3.00 per quart (plus shipping), then that beats probably any synthetic oil. Name one full synthetic oil that costs $3.00 a quart and can provide good UOAs.

Synthetic oil would probably still be better in very severe cold, severe heat, and necessary in some vehicles like the Corvette. Otherwise, almost any car/truck/van/SUV would receive adequate protection from either Chevron Supreme conventional oil or Schaeffer's blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back