Chevron oil may be re-refined oil after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IslaVistaMan
Member # 7181

posted 22 March, 2006 04:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not me....'course, I only use their Supreme for Auto-RX clean and rinse cycles. Hard to beat the $0.49 a quart price after rebate

It's a great oil. Have no fear of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 205 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: May 2005 | IP: Logged |

Where are you getting this for $0.49 a quart? All of the Kragen's from chula vista, national city, calexico, and Yuma AZ it $1.19 after rebate.

quote:

Originally posted by dave1251:
IslaVistaMan
Member # 7181

Not me....'course, I only use their Supreme for Auto-RX clean and rinse cycles. Hard to beat the $0.49 a quart price after rebate

Where are you getting this for $0.49 a quart? All of the Kragen's from chula vista, national city, calexico, and Yuma AZ it $1.19 after rebate.

Came in the mail today.. (after over a month of nothing from Checkers..)
cheers.gif

-

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I guess if they pull the collected oil completely apart, seperate the good from the bad, keep the good and add new additives.. there would be no harm.
Key word is "if".

How about syntetic oils? Seperate collection needed?

quote:

Originally posted by SpitfireS:
I guess if they pull the collected oil completely apart, seperate the good from the bad, keep the good and add new additives.. there would be no harm.

quote:

Originally posted by Bryanccfshr:
That is what hydrocracking does.

Actually, during re-refining, the "bad" molecules aren't being seperated and tossed or consigned to death by burning as fuel - hydrocracking rehabilitates (isomerizes) them into desirable paraffins, too. The resulting Group II and Group III base stocks isomerized from used motor oil are the equal of those hydrocracked from virgin crude. No matter what anyone thinks about the horrors of drained, used oil, virgin crude is even nastier. (It ain't called "crude" fer nothin'.) Hydrocracking works equally well on virgin crude trains as well as filtered, reclaimed motor oil. Sounds like Canada's ahead of the U.S. in a sensible approach to processing used motor oil.

[ March 24, 2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

Hey Chevron Supreme has proved itself an amazing underdog.

The additive package formulation does something right
smile.gif
Moly from the factory is nice too!

Re-Refined oils, Grp 4/5 Synthetics, and extended OCI fully backed/endorsed by the OEM's, Bottlers,and quick service centers and are the way to go. It is also the responsible thing to do.

Bill in Utah

Member # 560

posted 23 March, 2006 01:59

quote:
IslaVistaMan
Member # 7181

Came in the mail today.. (after over a month of nothing from Checkers..)

Take care, Bill

I wish that I was in Utah. But When I checked my mail there was a flyer for pennzoil at Pep Boys for $0.46 a qt after rebate.

quote:

I wish that I was in Utah. But When I checked my mail there was a flyer for pennzoil at Pep Boys for $0.46 a qt after rebate.

After seeing my Pennzoil UOA, .46 cents a quart is the best deal! Period. Change it every 4-5k and IMO, thats that best you're going to do!
cheers.gif

Best protection per dollar.
worshippy.gif

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Chevron Supreme Motor Oil is ***NOT*** made from re-refined base oils.

Re-refining can make a decent spec. meeting base oil or maybe even better. All it takes is money applied in the formulation and base oil processing. Chevron sells a re-refined PCMO product in USA, but it seems only government entities are using it.

In my estimation, re-refining is only marginally a market-based solution. Much used oil around the world is simply burned for its fuel value versus reprocessed. If the overall economics were better, there would be more re-refining. Oil companies are filled with smart folks trying to drive out costs, but still meet equipment and customer requirements and perceptions.

Really, need an ethanol-type "lobby" if you want to see the subsidized economics to make re-refining viable for and from a "public policy" view...If only ADM had a re-refinery...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back