Chevron High Mileage Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at good ole Kragen Auto Parts and when I came into work today (to put up stock) I noticed a few boxes of Chevron High Mileage motor oil. Anybody have any info on this? This is the first time i've ever seen this stuff anywhere. I did the search and came up with nothing. Right now we have 10w-30.

quote:

Originally posted by CrazyJeeper:
I work at good ole Kragen Auto Parts and when I came into work today (to put up stock) I noticed a few boxes of Chevron High Mileage motor oil. Anybody have any info on this? This is the first time i've ever seen this stuff anywhere. I did the search and came up with nothing. Right now we have 10w-30.

This is an oil we talked about a little while back, but no one had seen it anywhere.

This could be a very good mineral oil!

Yeah, considering how good the regular oil is that stuff could be GREAT! How much is a bottle going for?

What does the bottle look like -- it seems that the local Wallyworld is phasing Chevron motor oils out -- stocker said that when the Distribution center runs out -- they won't be reordering it anymore - at least here on West TX.

Here in N. Virginia they are running a lot of radio adds for " Havoline High Mileage Oil". Have not seen any yet, wonder if it is the same.

Well I called Chevron's tech guy and i really couldn't get in a good convo because I was working at the time. The bottle is a very bright gold color with a blue cap. I asked him about moly in the regular supreme stuff in the 10w-30 and he said it had 80ppm in 10w-30 supreme oil. I asked about the high mile stuff and he said it had more moly in it. It has additives that help out seals (obviously) and it has more anti-wear agents, and more detergents. More or less he said it was a heavier duty oil. I forgot to get the price on it...sheiz. It'll probably run about $2.39-2.69 a quart; i'm just going by what the other high mile oils are going for. We also just started carrying the havoline high mile stuff also but i'm assuming it's the same thing as chevron high mile. Oh yea, I told the Chevron tech guy about this web site and asked him to check it out and if possible to even participate. He said he was going to defenitely consider it.

[ January 23, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: CrazyJeeper ]

Here is what I found from the Product data sheet...

CHEVRON SUPREME HIGH MILEAGE MOTOR OILS
SAE 10W-30, 10W-40
CUSTOMER BENEFITS

SAE Grade 10W-30 10W-40
CPS Number 220151 220152
MSDS Number 12117 12117
API Gravity 30.0 29.8
cSt at 40°C 83.1 112
cSt at 100°C 12 15.8
Viscosity Index 138 150
Flash Point,°C(°F)>205(401) >205(401)
Pour Point,°C(°F) -33(-27) -33(-27)
Sulfated Ash, wt% 1.0 1.0
Base Number, 7.9 8.0
Phosphorus, wt % 0.1 0.1
Zinc, wt % 0.11 0.11

Chevron High Mileage is in a gold bottle with a blue cap -- it is currently being shipped in 6 quart cases -- like Mobil 1 six packs for some reason -- Checker is selling it @ 1.99 a quart for 10W-30 and 10W-40. That is here in W. texas.

Checker - Kragen are the same company.

quote:

Originally posted by CrazyJeeper:
Oh yea, I told the Chevron tech guy about this web site and asked him to check it out and if possible to even participate. He said he was going to defenitely consider it.

There goes the price of Chevron Supreme/Havoline
crushedcar.gif
. (j/k)

That would be pretty cool if he did become a particpating member. Seems there are a few folks here from manufacturers and they are always very informative.

Mikep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back