Chevron Havoline?

I have quite a few vehicles in the family that I service. I am currently out of my stash of Mobil 1 oil. With the rising cost of, well everything I began looking for a Brand a little cheaper and where I am the chevron is a little cheaper. It says it holds the dexos licensing which will be good for my trucks. I assume this oil is equivalent in quality to that of Mobil 1? Iv never really heard to much about it for some reason in my mind I consider it a little on the low quality end….maybe I’m wrong?

Hated it every time I have tried it. So I haven't been back to the trough since the last batch of Defense Shield I bought.

It is absolutely not the same slick Texaco Havoline back when the Andretti car was on the bottle.

Recs? QSFS 10w30

I've been using Havoline Pro-DS in my Ford for a couple of years and it is a fine oil at a very good price.

1647185968334.jpg

I have quite a few vehicles in the family that I service. I am currently out of my stash of Mobil 1 oil. With the rising cost of, well everything I began looking for a Brand a little cheaper and where I am the chevron is a little cheaper. It says it holds the dexos licensing which will be good for my trucks. I assume this oil is equivalent in quality to that of Mobil 1? Iv never really heard to much about it for some reason in my mind I consider it a little on the low quality end….maybe I’m wrong?

I switched from Mobil 1 after years of loyalty and have used a variety of brands since. I've used brands like Super Tech, and most recently Citgo oil. I look for oils that meet the spec of my vehicle and carry the Dexos rating. I figure they will be good enough if they carry the ratings. FWIW, I've not seen an oil related failure in all my years of using oil and even through racing.

I usually try to find oils on sale or with decent rebates to help soften the cost.

just my $0.02

Havoline is good oil ... ive used planty of himi semi synthetic 5w20 in my accord.
Chevron supreme is also good.
Try it and see what you think ... as long as it meets the specs your motor wont care.

I’ve used the Smart change box quite a few times. I like it. If your vehicle doesn’t require top off oil between changes it’s a great value.

Now if only they would come out with a smart change 6qt VW 504/507 0W-30. Come ON Chevron. :p

Many years ago I got a pit pass for the champ car race at Texas International Raceway. It was the day before the race and the garages were pretty quiet. I saw Mario Andretti and went over to have a chat with him. Even though he wasn't busy he didn't have time for a race fan. Maybe he was having a crappy day, I dunno. That kind of snub stays with you a lifetime.

Hank Aaron gave me the same bum's rush at Wrigley Field years before when I was just a baseball crazy kid fan. Hard to imagine why sports celebrities can be like that.

1647196008064.jpg

I have been using havoline conventional 10w-30 in my tacoma and just started using the 5w-30 synthetic in my jeep wrangler with no complaints .

The $19.97 Havoline LL Synthetic is believed to be rebranded HM Synthetic I have no issue with that in a new car but some people are afraid of the 5% POE most of those oils contain. I remember when everyone thought Group V was the best.

Basically Chevron / Walmart are adapting the "All Life Cycles" Pet Food marketing strategy to automobiles.

Many years ago I got a pit pass for the champ car race at Texas International Raceway. It was the day before the race and the garages were pretty quiet. I saw Mario Andretti and went over to have a chat with him. Even though he wasn't busy he didn't have time for a race fan. Maybe he was having a crappy day, I dunno. That kin
I saw Andretti drive at the Watkins glen Toyota GP in the late 70's . Maybe it was a bad day, but it was Ferrari 1,2 Reutemann driving with absolute precision. Mario was anything but smooth and precise, more like a madman showing frustration. This was Back in the days when you could tickle up toes up to the fence and be REAL close to the action at the turns.
Renault and Jabouille did well with a turbo V6 i think it was - once they got the final drive ratio correct for the track.

Back