chevron, Havoline or mobil dino oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any major difference between these 3 oils assuming 4-5K mile OCI? Engine it will be used in has tendency to sludge although recent removal of valve cover showed very clean engine. Probably will get rid of car in next year, but want to put a good dino in until then.

Chevron and Havoline are really the same oil. From what I gather here they are a better oil than the Mobil Drive Clean.

You can't go wrong with any one of these but I would stick with the Chevron or Havoline (which is cheaper and or easier to find).

Mobil Drive clean is cheaper and easier to find in MN. It's usually about $1.07. Havoline is $1.26 and Chevron is almost nonexistant.

-T

From the information you have given, and assuming the 4000, or 5,000 mile interval, I would go with the Havoline.

Good Day,
Steven

Recently bought 5 cases of Mobil Drive Clean 5W30 for 64 cents/per quart. Just couldn't pass up this deal. Previously used Havoline. Usually drain oil between 3000/4000 mile intervals anyway so I really do not see a loss between using Mobil over Havoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back