Chevron gas and ethanol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Chevron gas contain ethanol? I have never notices a sign on a Chevron gas pump stating that it contains ethanol. I have fulled up twice in the last two weeks and noticed a major boost in my gas mileage.

That would depend on the gas station, where the gas came from, what state you were in.....etc...

These days, gas stations do not have to post whether or not they contain ethanol or not. Some still do though. You might want to check California's gas laws.

quote:

Originally posted by Coop0129:
These days, gas stations do not have to post whether or not they contain ethanol or not. Some still do though. You might want to check California's gas laws.

Around here they are required to post which is ethanol and which is not.

quote:

Originally posted by michaelc80:

quote:

Originally posted by Coop0129:

Around here they are required to post which is ethanol and which is not.

Maybe that is so. In Ohio, they don't have to post anything. Just the octane.

Other Top Tier gasolines such as 76 use ethanol here in California and I have noticed a major decrease in mileage.

Chevron is a "Top Tier" gasoline.
Top Tier requirements mean that any station that has the brand name sign (in this case Chevron) in any part of the USA, company owned or privately owned. Meets the standard in ALL grades of gasoline.

Does it have ethanol?, as stated, depends upon what part of the country. Many areas are required to have the ethanol blend in all brands of gasoline sold.
Only way to avoid getting the ethanol blended fuel is to drive out of the "EPA Oxygenated fuel requirement" area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back