Chevron FS 5-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I scored a great deal back in Sept at Advance Auto Parts. They had a 5 qt Oil Change special on the Chevron(not havoline)5/30 FS 5 qts n oil filter for 19.99. I grabbed up two case n two oil filters for a little over 40.00
I am thinking about maybe switching to that oil. Advance Auto Parts has it in stock. 6.59 a qt everyday here.
An fyi for an people looking for a decent priced FS oil.
Just curious if there is any data on this oil?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
My AAP doesn't carry Chevron, but, does carry Havoline.

Same...

I know Havoline and Chevron are the same company. I just prefer Chevron products. I loved their gasoline when it was still available here in KY. I had an old 89 Mercury Cougar I bought used with 75k miles on it. By running Chevron and occasionally putting there 93 octane and a bottle of techron. I drove it too 140k,an additional 65k. Before I had to have a major tune-up. My mechanic called me and asked me when I had previously had a major tune up (plugs,wires,distrb n fuel filter) I told him never since I had bought the car. Mechanic told it was original plugs n everything.
Now here is the kicker.
It had the 3.8 V-6, I would regularly get 28-30 mpg before the tune up.
The head gasket blew at 178k. I ran the heck out of that car, but I maintained it regularly.
That is why I trust Chevron.

Last edited:
I know Chevron gasoline stations have pulled out quite a few states.Hench if they don't have gasoline stations, not use for them to carry the oil. IMHO
Read my other response here. That will tell u why I love Chevron gasoline.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me

APPLICATIONS
Havoline Synthetic Motor Oils are recommended for four-stroke gasoline engines in passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks.
Havoline Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-30 is approved by GM for use in all GM passenger vehicles that specify dexos1® motor oils. GM dexos1® supersedes GM-LL-A-025, GM6094M and GM4718M.
Havoline Synthetic Motor Oils SAE 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 meet or exceed:
• APIServiceCategories
— SNandallpreviousAPI“S”Categories — ResourceConservingforAPISN
• ILSACGF-5
• manufacturer'sspecifications
— ChryslerMS-6395
— FIAT9.55535-CR-1(SAE5W-30)
— Ford
WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 0W-20, 5W-20) WSS-M2C946-A (SAE 5W-30)
— GeneralMotors
GM4718M (SAE 5W-30, 10W-30) GM6094M
— GMdexos1®(SAE5W-30)
— HondaHTO-06(SAE5W-30)
Havoline Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-40 meets or exceeds:
• APIServiceCategoriesSN,CF2andallprevious API “S” Categories
• ACEAEuropeanOilSequenceA3/B3/B4 Havoline Synthetic Motor Oil SAE 5W-40 meets or
exceeds the performance requirements of:
• BMWLonglife-01
• DaimlerMB229.30,229.50
• PorscheA40
• Volkswagen50200,50500,50101

Chevron oils, like the cousin Havoline, once were the darlings of the board and thought of as a great bargain for price to performance ratio. I personally hopped on the deal at Advances here and bought the five syn quarts for $19.99 - Havoline syn that is, haven't seen Chevron here in a decade since Wal-Mart dropped them. Havoline has been available for the most part here continuously despite there never being gas stations of either company's AFAIK. Chevron's HDEO's have always been available, with the syn coming here about a year ago...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back