Chevron Delo Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th 0/30 and the 5/40 seem to be the real deal. Has anyone seen the pricing of these oils ? Anyone using it ?

see link below

[ December 14, 2002, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

quote:

Originally posted by dragboat:
Th 0/30 and the 5/40 seem to be the real deal. Has anyone seen the pricing of these oils ? Anyone using it ?
http://library.cbest.chevron.com/lubes/che vmsdsv9.nsf/f2f12b5992bba20488256b4c0074a415/4c58e9ef66ea8a3788256712006b3040?OpenDocument
I cannot shorten the link to save my life,operator error?
blush.gif

Look closely at the MSDS. It has that nice long list of PAOs and then at the end of the list it says "or Isosyn base oils." That means the oil you buy may be PAO based or it may be made with Chevron's UCBO Group III base oil.

As far as shortening the link, when you enter a link two windows pop up. The first is where you enter the very long url. For the second, you just type in whatever you want to call the link. For example, here is the link to the Chevron MSDS: Link to Chevron MSDS

It is my understanding that at least the Supreme Synthetics, and possibly the Delo Synthetics have combinations of oils, with a group III base and some combination of group V's for their benificial characteristics. They are very close-lipped about it.

The delo syn 5w40 is stright group3 while the 0w30 is a pao group 3 blend. That as of last year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back