Chevron Delo Synth 0w-30 is available

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local supplier in Nashville is able to procure this oil, but it's not all that cheap at $4.96/qt.

Would anyone want to see an VOA or UOA of this oil? Chevron guys, Widman, etc... is this the best choice or is Delo 5w-40 synth a better oil? I only want to order 1 case as this price. 0w-30 would be great for my V6 Honda-powered Vue, so I leaning that direction. Your input is greatly appreciated.

I for one would want to see an VOA or UOA of this oil. I like the idea of a 0w30 in a Honda V6, especially in the Texas heat. And from what I've read here, seems like Chevron makes quality oils.

This is one oil I'm considering for my next "winter oil."

I'd like to know more of its stats ... and whether or not it's a Group III.
dunno.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
I would think it's group IV as I don't think there are any group III oils with the 0w classification.
dunno.gif

What about the Canadian Pennzoil LongLife 0W-30?

Dave

Haley10, no problem speaking your mind ... but can you post a link to the info on Chevron's website. The info I found on my own was old and incomplete.

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
Haley10, no problem speaking your mind ... but can you post a link to the info on Chevron's website. The info I found on my own was old and incomplete.

--- Bror Jace

Bror, here's a link to the Delo PDS's and MSDS's:

https://www.cbest.chevron.com/msdsServer/controller?module=com.chevron.lubes.msds.bus.BusMSDSList&alphabetSelected=D&alphabetSearch=Y&language=EN&country=&region=NA&isLoginPage=tru e"

I was checking them out yesterday wondering if regular Delo 10W-30 (which is SL rated) would be a good oil to run in my 5.4L modular Ford. Oh, the 0W-30 Delo Synthetic PDS is dated within the last month or so.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
The local supplier in Nashville is able to procure this oil, but it's not all that cheap at $4.96/qt.

Here it's offered at $ 8.75/qt against $ 7.20 for Supreme Synthetic.

I was not all that impressed by the specs. on Chevrons's website. Looks like a good Arctic HDEO. (spedialty oil)

I don't see it looking all that interesting for application in Tenn.

Low flash point
Thin like M1 and Castrol 30's.

Give it a go, but I don't see this as a hard driving Summer oil.

It doesn't have any current approvals from Mack or Cummins and doesn't meet SL.

Sorry, I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but this is a no spin zone, so forgive my negatives. I just don't think it fits.
spaz.gif

Again, I don't mean to be negative, but Chevron Supreme SYN or Havoline Syn (both Chevron products) woud be a better option. IMHO.

I'm not knocking Chevron products at all. If I wanted the Delo product, it would be the 5W-40, but I'd select the Supreme or Havoline for the VUE and save some money to boot.

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
Again, I don't mean to be negative, but Chevron Supreme SYN or Havoline Syn (both Chevron products) woud be a better option. IMHO.

I'm not knocking Chevron products at all. If I wanted the Delo product, it would be the 5W-40, but I'd select the Supreme or Havoline for the VUE and save some money to boot.

Haley, thanks for the advice. Even if the product is new, that doesn't mean I'll be sent new stock...don't need any SJ oils. So spending $60 + $30 for a UOA seems a bit much at this point in time. I'll place this project on the shelf for a later time...

Most of my synthetic customers use the 5W-40 (8 to 1 over the 5W-30). With good air filters we see outstanding results at 10,000 km changes (6ppm iron, etc.). I've probably got 40 or 50 analisis on them, many showing terrible maintenance procedures. The toyota's really like them. I see some viscosity loss in one of the Mitsubisi's at 10,000 km. They seem to resist wear i adverse conditions (dirt) better than many oils. I'll pull up some results to post)
That's not too bad a price... costs me 2.99 wholesale - $4.96 by the time I get it here.

[ May 23, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: widman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back