Cheveron next Natrual Gas to Engine Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Pennzoil was the first to make muti grade in this form of oil.. but it seems its been available even valvoline has it.

HDAX® 7200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil

HDAX 7200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil SAE 40 is the next generation of HDAX high performance gas engine oils. Recommended for four-stroke and selected two-stroke stationary engines, HDAX 7200 provides outstanding oxidation and nitration resistance along with outstanding wear and deposit control for engines operating under high load, high temperature conditions. HDAX 7200 helps extend drains and equipment life for improved reliability and productivity. It is also recommended for high-speed four-stroke gas engines used in cogeneration applications and for engines fueled by synthetic gas.
HDAX Low Ash Gas Engine Oil

Recommended for four-stroke and selected two-stroke stationary engines, HDAX Low Ash Gas Engine Oils provide excellent oxidation and nitration resistance for engines fueled by natural or synthetic gas.
Chevron HDAX LFG Gas Engine Oil

A premium quality, medium ash, dispersant/detergent type gas engine oil formulated especially for landfill gas and sour gas applications.
Chevron HDAX Ashless Gas Engine Oils

Recommended for two-stroke and selected four-stroke stationary engines that require an ashless-type engine oil and use natural or synthetic fuel gas.

For information about other products that may be available for your industry, in your region, please contact us.

Printable Version

Also schaeffer oil Co

read http://www.schaefferoil.com/engine-oils.html

New & Improved Natural Gas Engine Oils

Synthetic Plus Sour Gas Engine Oil
A superior medium ash Para-Synthetic natural gas engine oil specially formulated for use in medium to high speed, four-cycle gas engines running on landfill gas or sour gas.

Synthetic Plus Compressed Natural Gas (114CNG)
Synthetic Plus CNG Engine Oil SAE 15W-40 is blended from a unique combination of the finest quality severely hydrotreated polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids and severely hydrotreated and hydrocracked Group II Plus available.

Synethetic Plus Natural Gas (114S)
Synthetic Plus Natural Gas Engine Oil SAE 30 & 40 is blended from the finest severely hydrotreated polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic base fluids and high viscosity index solvent refined severely hydro-finished 100% paraffin base stocks and available.

I think these are oils formulated specifically for engines that run on natural gas... not oil made from GTL base stocks.

I can't tell from your thread title; are you thinking that these are GTL oils made from natural gas?

These oils are all for natural gas-fueled engines. They are PAO or conventional base oils.

I agree with he other two members. You got confused. No biggie, it would have been exciting news. One of the things I miss about California was the easy access to DELO.

Ohhhh okay.

Thanks for correction.

and thanks for being reasonable in the way you did that.

Originally Posted By: David1
Thanks for correction.

These products are interesting in their own way. They tend to have lower base numbers since CNG (and LPG) don't have fuel dilution issues like gasoline. Some oil companies produce such specialty lubes, others just recommend their "normal" PCMOs.

Shell is not the only one with a patent on GTL.

Chevron has several patents on their GTL process and lubes made with same.

XOM never patented it before abandoning their GTL plants/facilities??
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Jason8691
I can imagine Pennzoil patented that process, or you would see more of it out there now.

Shell is not the only player in the game with a patent. It just happens Shell is the one that produced a GTL plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back