cheese for heart-healthy diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 So far, from what I have seen, substitutes do more harm than good and synthetic foods/additives should be avoided. I think everything in moderation should be the healthiest eating habits unless someone has specific health issues.

Healthy Heart Diet = If it tastes good, spit it out.
grin2.gif

More seriously, I agree with Indylan, you are better off with smaller amounts of the real thing than larger amounts os substitutes.

The real thing is usually a healthy food if eaten in moderation. Substitutes may be low in certain "harmful" ingredients but their ingredient list usually reads like a hazmat site description.

I'm addicted to Emmentaler, Castello Blue, Gouda, and Brie. I couldn't live without eating quark.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm addicted to Emmentaler, Castello Blue, Gouda, and Brie. I couldn't live without eating quark.

I had some Camembert made from raw milk in Normandy a couple of weeks ago. It was outstanding. I wish US food sanitation standards were high enough to allow raw milk cheeses to be readily available.

Originally Posted By: moribundman

wow mori we are on fire today. gouda goes down well with me. definitely my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back