Cheering for Andy and Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Red didn't escape you you get my point. Any one else cheering for the escapees? They haven't hurt any one this time............. at least not yet. The underdog usually gets my sympathy. I like to see initiative and ingenuity. They are making the authorities look like fools. It makes for good drama. Get busy living or get busy dying.............

Last edited:
Let's see....

You are taking the best movie ever (fiction), and rolling it into the fact that two real-life murderers are on the loose due to an employee essentially opening the back door for them?

One of those people cut one of my neighbors in Buffalo into small pieces.

I love me some "500 yards of S*&% smelling foulness" but not in real life with these killers.

Absolutely not cheering them on. Did you hear what these guys were convicted of? If you have and you are cheering them on you are sick.

In California the criminals aren't held long, it is called catch and release.

Originally Posted By: user52165
Well Red didn't escape you you get my point. Any one else cheering for the escapees? They haven't hurt any one this time............. at least not yet. The underdog usually gets my sympathy. I like to see initiative and ingenuity. They are making the authorities look like fools. It makes for good drama. Get busy living or get busy dying.............
This one has opened it's mouth and removed all doubt.

Any one else cheering for the escapees?

You mean other than imprisoned murderers? I can't imagine why anybody else would root for them. Wait, you said you enjoy them making the authorities look like fools. You better hope the escapees don't make you look like a fool by raping and killing you.

One of them was caught loading stolen guns from a stolen car into his own. He shot the police officer more than a dozen times. The cop was down, but still alive and he could have left then. Instead, he took the cop's gun and executed him with it, and then ran over his body on the way out.

The other guy kidnapped his elderly employer, tortured him, beat him to death, dismembered the body, and threw it into the river. He then fled to Mexico where he murdered a second person before being arrested and eventually deported back to the United States.

Yeah, root for those guys.

Andy was wrongly convicted and Red didn't escape. He was released. Don't ruin an awesome movie with these losers.

To be fair, it's not just the OP, because plenty of the media, including a ton of cable "news"/opinion shows, compared it to shawshank.

So it just goes to show, that there's plenty of sheeple that just follow along what they hear on TV.

I'll throw out the race card, i bet if these 2 guys were black, there wouldn't have been as much rooting.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Andy was wrongly convicted and Red didn't escape. He was released. Don't ruin an awesome movie with these losers.

Now they have teamed up with a cyborg from the future and are looking for the mustachioed man together.

No way. I feel sorry for the people who live near there and have to worry about these 2 idiots trying to break in to their house or steal their car. This isn't some TV movie.
I know I would not sleep very well if they were in my area.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
He then fled to Mexico where he murdered a second person ....

Yeah, root for those guys.

If that was all he had done, some people would be.

These aren't underdogs, falsely accused, and protagonists in a freakin' MOVIE!

This is the real world. They are dangerous. They have killed, and brutally so.

Your inability to distinguish between Hollywood fiction and real life is surprising...as well as a danger to your own well-being...

If you're rooting for them, you're a fool.

The sooner they are back where they belong, which is a jail cell, the better.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

These aren't underdogs, falsely accused, and protagonists in a freakin' MOVIE!

This is the real world. They are dangerous. They have killed, and brutally so.

Your inability to distinguish between Hollywood fiction and real life is surprising...as well as a danger to your own well-being...

If you're rooting for them, you're a fool.

Spot on.

And what people like that don't realize, is that these guys are likely to kill if that's what it takes to avoid getting sent back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back