Checking & Adjusting Tire Pressure at the Repair Shop

I check my psi 2-3x monthly, especially with drastic weather changes rolling in to stay awhile. Anytime I go to the dealership, tire shop, etc. I always check psi and lug nut torque within a few days as I simply don't trust them over what I already do. Surely they're adjusting based on what they see once the tires are somewhat hot from the drive there and I doubt they factor in current ambient temp for any type of offset.

I would rather any shop did not touch anything except what they are paid to do without explicit permission.
I don't want to think I have to check everything behind a safety inspector, for instance.
Last tech said I was missing CAF - correct, by why in there except to sell? He would have had to disassemble glove box - not on VA inspection list. (I had pulled CAF to check wife's air flow complaint - laying in garage waiting for after inspection...)

Setting recommended pressure on a warm tire means the tire is under inflated. They need to be set while cold and out sunlight to be accurate. Setting while warm is better than doing nothing though.
When it's cold, we set to what the door placard says. Warm? 2 psi over. Hot? 4 psi over

Back