Check your local Wal-Mart !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has PP 5W-30 & 10W-30 5qt jugs for $18.00. I was tempted, but everyone knows I am a diehard M-1 guy. No Castrol Edge in sight. Service manager told me it would not sell so they sent it back to Castrol. Mine also now only carrys Super Tech ATF. No other brands are available. What is up with that?

Most of the 'brands' are disappearing. Shelf space is shrinking.

Time to shop at other stores.

I only visit wallyworld for fluids and the clearance shelf. Otherwise, I shop elsewhere always.

Originally Posted By: gwdriver
Mine has PP 5W-30 & 10W-30 5qt jugs for $18.00. I was tempted, but everyone knows I am a diehard M-1 guy.

Same here but thats getting pretty tempting @ 18 bucks,i have never seen edge at my WM so it must have faild before it started. lol

I buy my oil from a local auto parts store that is slightly more expensive than walmart when it comes to the qt bottles but absolutely cant touch the price walmart has when you compare to the 5 qt jugs. I feel just fine not having to fight the crowds at walmart or hear the cashiers complain back and forth about vacation time, brake times, how so and so is lazy ect. They know more about cars and the products they carry at the auto parts store I go to and they are very friendly so I love it. I suggest that you all give a local business a chance.

Originally Posted By: ryland
I buy my oil from a local auto parts store that is slightly more expensive than walmart when it comes to the qt bottles but absolutely cant touch the price walmart has when you compare to the 5 qt jugs. I feel just fine not having to fight the crowds at walmart or hear the cashiers complain back and forth about vacation time, brake times, how so and so is lazy ect. They know more about cars and the products they carry at the auto parts store I go to and they are very friendly so I love it. I suggest that you all give a local business a chance.

We have a 24hr Walmart here so when you go at 11pm you have the entire store to yourself. All the "local" businesses are major chains AAP, NAPA, Autozone. All are mass retailers. The local guy who has his small Mom & Pop auto parts store doesn't carry "that stupid synthetic oil" and wants $8qt for Wolf's Head.
crazy2.gif
SO all bets are off with him.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: ryland

We have a 24hr Walmart here so when you go at 11pm you have the entire store to yourself. All the "local" businesses are major chains AAP, NAPA, Autozone. All are mass retailers. The local guy who has his small Mom & Pop auto parts store doesn't carry "that stupid synthetic oil" and wants $8qt for Wolf's Head.
crazy2.gif
SO all bets are off with him.

$8??? [censored] it's like 12 here!! them small Mom & Pop shops put them selves out of business.
crazy2.gif

Every time I run to Wal-Mart looking for these great deals I come home empty handed!
21.gif
I guess that's good in a way, or I'd be broke. OTOH I did score a bunch of filters from AAP thanks to BITOG. I feel a Wal-Mart run coming early tomorrow morning, you guys have me curious

Originally Posted By: daman

$8??? [censored] it's like 12 here!! them small Mom & Pop shops put them selves out of business.
crazy2.gif

Well, if a local mom and pop store could buy as much oil as a national chain like Walmart, then they could offer the same price.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: daman

crazy2.gif

Well, if a local mom and pop store could buy as much oil as a national chain like Walmart, then they could offer the same price.

I seen that coming..
indifferent0018.gif

It was $21.88 in canada for the 4.4L jug. I never used it before, but I bought 8 jugs 5w30 based on the reviews it gets here.
Less then 1/2 the price of M1.....I'm happy with the savings.

I have seen Castrol Edge in my local Wal-Mart for $35 for a 5 quart jug. Seems to be selling well in my area, as only 2 5W30 and 1 10W30 were left on the shelf. While there were a lot of M1 and PP jugs. It cost the same per quart as GC at Autozone (6.99). I bet quite a few German car owners are buying this stuff up. If only they knew GC is superior in every way for their cars.

Originally Posted By: Scuderia
I have seen Castrol Edge in my local Wal-Mart for $35 for a 5 quart jug. Seems to be selling well in my area, as only 2 5W30 and 1 10W30 were left on the shelf. While there were a lot of M1 and PP jugs. It cost the same per quart as GC at Autozone (6.99). I bet quite a few German car owners are buying this stuff up. If only they knew GC is superior in every way for their cars.

Unless you check everyday, it is hard to tell. Maybe the M1 and PP were recently re-stocked, while the Edge has been sitting there for awhile. One 5 quart container of Edge may be fine for on hand stock if it is not selling much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back