Check your fluids!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by Lapham3
I have a pal who teaches the GM entry techs and his oldest son works at a dealership. The word is that oil starved and then blown engines aren't a rare thing to see these days. How often do you see any ones hood up at a gas station?

True. Those are the same people who believe an OLM means the hood doesn't have to be opened to check things anymore. Get an oil change drive until the OLM says change the oil, nice and easy! lol

That is a really good point demarpaint ^^^^^^^^

I know people are clueless about the simple things cars and motors need but it still surprises me. That level of ignorance is just this side of a $3000 transmission or a $5000 motor.

Strange noisy motor ?
Take it in and get it checked out.
Oh, it just needed an oil change and was 3.5 quarts low from a 5 qt capacity ?
Holy crap !!
From then on, they've been taught- Just wait til the funny noises and its time for an oil change. Cool reminder feature !
lol.gif

These are all folks with smartphones, alarm reminders and organizing apps btw .....

I've probably been good about staying on top on things for years because a times, I could not afford a surprise emergency.
I do know for sure though that at least a few stories about a dealer LOF mistake or even an brand new car delivered with almost no motor oil in it got my attention and taught me to be quite attentive. Those mistakes cost motors.
Even car forums are full of owners talking about checking every fluid ounce or capacity and details of brand new cars they bought. I understand such an obsession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back