Check this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob, I deleted these prices because it looks like the only reason to post something like this and having dealers prices would be if you're a dealer. We have 3 great amsoil reps on here that have paid to advertise on here and answer questions about their product, which you can as well, but to allow posting of anyones price sheets, yours or others, IMO, isn't fair to them or any other rep. Also, by displaying this, I feel it would give off the wrong impression that you are an amsoil dealer for this site. If you are or not, I don't know, but it serves no purpose on here.

The actual design of this site isn't ebay or any other "where to go to get oil cheapest" , but to educate and help people with oil issues, not to compete or display prices of any products, especially when we have competitive site sponsors on here who help make this board free for others by paying advertising costs.

Thanks.
bob

[ September 27, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

This is why I'm a big fan of Amsoil ATM/ASL. Very competitively priced. I wish I could find Amsoil on the shelf!!
smile.gif

Bob - what's your point?

Why didn't you post HDD 5W-30? Same as TSO.

Your price could be less than retail, but no sane dealer gives the oil away. Likelyhood of finding an insane dealer (self excluded) on BiTOG is between 0% and none.

quote:

Originally posted by Bob Woods:
Amsoil number....dealer cost...sugg retail

What's the problem? Is there a problem with someone making grocery money selling amsoil?
dunno.gif

Dan

[ September 27, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

I can see all sides of this issue. First I am sure Bob Woods was trying to help fellow oil geeks get the best deal they could. Knoldge is power and if you know what someone is paying for something you have an advantage when makeing the deal!I am sure if it was a car for sale that we were talking about no one would say a word about it. Car dealers and salesmen have to eat too!

I can also see why Bob ( site owner) would delete this as it hurts site sponors. We need their money to keep the site free for everyone else!

I would not take any of this in a negative way at all. I would chalk it up to one member trying to help other members get a great deal.

I am a strong beliver in free market economy. People vote with their wallets. While I am aware of how insane mark ups can be on a lot of automotive products I doubt that most of the profit from a bottle of oil is going to the dealer!!

P.S. A car battery on average cost $2-$2.80 cents. Most oem parts are marked up 10 fold before being sold to the dealer. The dealers usualy double what they payed for the part! SO while the dealer is definately gougeing he is not marking it up anywhere near as much as the OEM is !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back