Check Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try checking the thread in the bypass filters section titled "SAE On Bypass Filtration". There are the results of bypass filtration tests that show how much longer engine and transmission components last with effective filtration. There is a reason most of the trucks on the road use bypass filters. I am surprised that the aftermarket has not been better about providing these filters for common cars.

I am surprised that the aftermarket has not been better about providing these filters for common cars.

No surpise. It's a good thing to do for your engine ..but it hard to make it pay ..at least in engine longevity. The car falls apart well before the engine has issues in most cases. There are plenty in the 200k miles club without bypass filtration. Now if you're a 200k+ type ..then a bypass filter would surely be a decent thing to add to eliminate one aspect of wear.

Now for transmissions?? I think that there's good things there that can surely pay off in the under 200k realm.

I was surprised to find a filter on my wife's automatic Forester. It looks like a spin-on oil filter. Seems like a very good idea to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back