Check out this Korean oil and tell me how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SK Oil Products Page.

Check out the gas and diesel.

The different oils are on the upper right corner of the screen.

Also, I've found Shell Helix Ultra on the shelves.
smile.gif

[ May 28, 2004, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: seotaji ]

From their desc. it sounds like they put Moly in it... but these days so many oils have moly and those that dont usually dont need it heh... IMHO stick with bigger/more established manufacturers like Mobil or Castrol (GC if you have an autozone around you)

sorry no, overseas.

if you are a car fanatic like i am, you can spend hours just looking at all the car accessories they offer.

"IMHO stick with bigger/more established manufacturers like Mobil or Castrol (GC if you have an autozone around you)"

Since it's not available it's probably a moot point, but I think this is a large company that happens not to be in the American market. If they decide to enter you'll probably know it. After all this is the reason the API went from SJ to SL.

SK is the third largest conglomerate in Korea.

http://www.sk.com/home.asp

SK is South Korea's largest oil company. While they don't sell much finished product in the U.S. (some manual transmission synthetic gear lubes through Hyundai and Kia dealerships - maybe a few other products, too) they do export considerable quantities of Group II and Group III base lube stocks over here to one of the big majors according to Lube Report - forgot who. My Sonata V6 engine came with SK motor oil as its factory fill, viscosity range unkown, and it seemed to hold up quite well during break-in.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
SK is South Korea's largest oil company. While they don't sell much finished product in the U.S. (some manual transmission synthetic gear lubes through Hyundai and Kia dealerships - maybe a few other products, too) they do export considerable quantities of Group II and Group III base lube stocks over here to one of the big majors according to Lube Report - forgot who. My Sonata V6 engine came with SK motor oil as its factory fill, viscosity range unkown, and it seemed to hold up quite well during break-in.

I seem to remember that Conoco was using SK's base stock. Must be good stuff, since the Motorcraft/Conoco oils are turning in really good UOA's
grin.gif

Whimsey

Most of what they sell here is the SC/CC stuff. Real garbage.
Perhaps the worst part is their deceiving literature. They sell a non AW hydraulic oil with a watermark of heavy duty construction equipment. Also non-EP grease with heavy equipment watermark.

People assume it is for heavy duty usage

Here is a look at the Kia 30wt dino factory fill that just might come from this company . It has 30 miles on it and was in the car maybe 5 months .

Boron 100
Magnesium 843
Calcium 63
Phos 820
Zinc 894
VI @ 100c 9.71
TBN 5

quote:

Originally posted by seotaji:
looks pretty good?
dunno.gif

I think you are looking at their old website. Look at 'Copyright 2000' at the bottom of the page. Also you can see that lots of products have old API SH or SF approvals.

Here is the new website, http://www.skzic.com/kor/body2-2.htm I don't care so much about oversea oils that aren't available in U.S. Someday we will be seeing Chinese synthetic oils at WalMart
spaz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back