Cheapest PEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, what is the cheapest PEA fuel additive these days? Regale seems cheap, but it's also a pretty small bottle.

Obviously, I don't care about brand.

The only PEA fuel injector cleaners that I regularly see at reasonable prices when not on sale are Gumout Regane and Gumout High Mileage Regane at WM, just under $5 for (as mentioned) a fairly small bottle. SDS sheets for both say 10-30% PEA.
Techron Complete used to say on the label that it contained PEA, but that language was gone the last time I looked and the SDS for it shows a couple of trade secret ingredients but nothing that is explicitly PEA. I'm not sure if Chevron developed something that they think is better than PEA that they are calling out as a trade secret or what, but I have been buying Gumout Regane the few times a year I want to run a cleaner in one of our cars.

Lucas Deep Clean is $8.97 for a 16 ounce bottle. It contains from 10% to 30% PEA.

One of the versions of STP has PEA in it (the black bottle with "super concentrated" in the product name). It usually runs about $4.50 per bottle, but I don't know how much PEA is in it.

Right now at Advance Auto you can get 20oz bottles of Techron Buy one Get one, and you can stack a 25% promo code on top of that, I found a code HJS2BX, so for $10.50 you can get two 20oz bottles of Techron, that's the most PEA you're gonna get that cheap.

Back before I was using top tier fuel, I would use Techron every x miles, and I'd keep an eye on AutoZone. It seems like every 6 months or so, they'd have a BOGO for either the 12 or 20 oz bottle. Its very hard to beat that price.

There is a buy one get one for Techron but the rebate for explicitly excludes AutoZone. I would suggest obtain the rebate form from the Chevron site and read all the fine print carefully before buying 2 bottles of Techron and expecting a cash rebate to pay for 1 of the bottles.

The BOGO sales for autozone that I participated in were in-store. No rebate or coupon necessary. You just put two bottles on the counter and pay for one.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
Right now at Advance Auto you can get 20oz bottles of Techron Buy one Get one, and you can stack a 25% promo code on top of that, I found a code HJS2BX, so for $10.50 you can get two 20oz bottles of Techron, that's the most PEA you're gonna get that cheap.

I looked at the PDS for Techron Complete (dated April 2015!!) and PEA is also not specifically called out there. Maybe Chevron has gone one better than PEA with some new formulation and it certainly doesn't mean it doesn't work, but it really seems to me that Techron Complete is not a PEA product anymore. It was the first one I saw that specifically called out PEA on its label some years ago....

https://www.chevronlubricants.com/en_us/home/products/techron-complete-fuel-system-cleaner.html

Originally Posted by paulri
The BOGO sales for autozone that I participated in were in-store. No rebate or coupon necessary. You just put two bottles on the counter and pay for one.

The Chevron site is showing this deal for O'Reilly and AAP right now with a rebate form that I didn't read otherwise.

Can you use 25% promo code with BOGO?

Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Hey, what is the cheapest PEA fuel additive these days? Regale seems cheap, but it's also a pretty small bottle.

Obviously, I don't care about brand.

I think you may need to look at the % of the PEA chemical. Factor that into the cost.

Techron still has PEA, after all Techron is Chevron's trade name for PEA, I believe they call it 01154100-5179P and/or 01154100-5323P on the datasheet, they're trying protect their trade secret by obscuring it on the datasheet.

Originally Posted by diyjake

Can you use 25% promo code with BOGO?

[Linked Image]

Surprisingly, yes

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
10 to 30% they really nail it down for you don't they.

That's really sleazy isn't it? I find that Lucas seems to be a sketchy company in general with their claims and product.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
The only PEA fuel injector cleaners that I regularly see at reasonable prices when not on sale are Gumout Regane and Gumout High Mileage Regane at WM, just under $5 for (as mentioned) a fairly small bottle. SDS sheets for both say 10-30% PEA.
Techron Complete used to say on the label that it contained PEA, but that language was gone the last time I looked and the SDS for it shows a couple of trade secret ingredients but nothing that is explicitly PEA. I'm not sure if Chevron developed something that they think is better than PEA that they are calling out as a trade secret or what, but I have been buying Gumout Regane the few times a year I want to run a cleaner in one of our cars.

Yes, I'm not sure why Chevron doesn't make that a prominent part of their selling their product since they developed PEA back in the early 80s!

I've checked patents for gasoline detergents and don't see anything recent that would equate to PEA, the only thing I can think of is that since they legally don't have to
list the ingredient since it is a proprietary chemical they don't have to tell you the percentage of it. Still puzzled since Chevron is a pretty trustworthy company in general but this makes me wary of Techron in bottles now. I'll go with the competitors that advertise the PEA and amount on the product itself.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
10 to 30% they really nail it down for you don't they.

SDSs are hobbled so you can't get trade secrets.

Lucas Deep Fuel system cleaner is no different in sds than Gumout Regane... 10-30 percent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back