Cheapest DEXOS 1 Full Synthetic 5W 30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here it's a tie with Mobil 1 frequently being as cheap or better. I have no brand loyalty at all as long as it has the certification for my fleet vehicles under the 100k mile warranty!

pbm

Originally Posted By: wemay
PEAK
I've seen PEAK dexos1 synthetic for under $4 a quart....I'm wondering if it is any different than WM Supertech? I'd probably stick with M1 or QSUD unless I was ignoring the OLM and doing 5K OCI's.

Quaker State Ultimate Durability here runs around $20.00 for the 5 quart jug at Wal-Mart. Have had no issues with it. Wife and I use their 5W20 year around and we see long hot Summers here in the deep south.

Around me, QSUD 5w-30 when on sale at Advance for $20/5 quarts and a filter. Havoline full synthetic 5w-30 is also sometimes on sale for $20/5 quarts with a filter. Sometimes the Advance will run out of Havoline and substitute QSUD, M1, or PP. YMMV on that one!

Some time back Amazon had a Warren brand 6 quart pack for $20.80. Forget if it was Peak or Accell. May be worth watching them. If your lowes still has peak full syn on clearance, the 5 qt jugs are just shy of $14 and have the dexos approval.

QSUD usually, but recently I was able to score some AcDelco DEXOS syn. blend and a PF457G filter for $26.00, three bucks cheaper than QSUD and same filter. Will probably use the UD again for the Delco oil is rarely on sale. I must add that I purchased from a wholeseller of AcDelco and Motorcraft supplies.

Is NAPA synthetic Dexos-approved? It can be had for $3.49/qt, and we know it's just relabeled Valvoline SynPower.

I would once say QSUD, it is no longer true in Southern Ontario, it is being priced as high as other oils or at least not much cheaper to M1 & Castrol. You can have any Dexos1 approved oil for cheap if you look around in your town and buy it on sale and combine it with a coupon...

ChrisD46

Since I get my filters separate plus application is a 7 qrt. sump (son's Trailblazer) I'm pretty much looking for 5 qrt. jugs at WM . Based on replies it's most likely going to be QSUD ...If Supertech met or exceeded * DEXOS 1 I would gladly buy it ! * While son's TB doesn't require DEXOS 1 as a synthetic - I am leaning heavily towards it due to the enhanced spec.

It seems that the difference between the cheapest and typically priced 5w-30 is $1/qt...not much to worry about over .0007¢/mi. for a 7500 OCI....a bit more if you have to add some between OCs....or change the oil sooner....less if your OCIs go 10k miles....and that's retail/MSRP...less if you get the more expensive lube on sale...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.