Cheap(ish) chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter wanted Chicken Licken on a stick for tea tonight, and the price of breast meat was around $13/kilo for what passes as chicken these days. Thigh fillets arounf the $10 mark. Even legs and wings nearly $5.

Then I spied corn fed free range whole birds at $4.98/kilo.

Got a meal's with of lovely coloured chicken skewers, a meal's worth of thighs, wings, and legs (always handy with kids), the dog ate the carcass (normally THOSE are $2/kilo), and the cat ate the skin and a few bit of watever...all for $7.76.

Now if I could just convince the cat to eat the plastic bag, I'd be happy.

If it aint organic we wouldn't touch it with a barge polw. Along with bird flue we expect to give oulytry and eggs a miss if it hits Oz. already in India and now France.

sprintman,
personally, the birdflu doesn't worry me.

IMHO, the fact that so many people have been exposed, and it's so hard to catch indicates that when/if it does hit, then those of us who are healthy, and have reasonable nutrition have little to worry about.

Something has to have protected those millions already exposed, who have resulted in less than 100 deaths.

In SE asia people live much more closely with the birds than 99% of our population would ever think about getting. General health, nutrition, and medical practices are so much better today. The media just needs something to hype.

Is this the aussie section...
grin.gif
I try to like chicken but just can't get my mind off steak. good in enchiladas tho

It's the anti-biotics in the supermarket stuff tat's the killer (literally). VRE it's called. Killing hundreds in Australia. Not for my daughter or myself for that matter. The thought of it makes me ill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back