cheap home security recs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to get your recommendations for an inexpensive video monitoring system. My car was vandalised 2x last week. I do not want to rely on the landlord (doubt anything will be done). So a set-up/cams recording system recommendations is appreciated.
I was hoping to set up a cam at my kitchen window which overlooks where my car is parked.

I have a neighbor who uses an app called AtHome with an old Iphone 4. It can be set to record on motion and can be viewed remotely also.

The main thing is light. Not just for the anti vandalism effect but for the camera. Any system will need lots of light.

Do what I did and move out of that [censored] hole. Much happier in Kentucky now.
smile.gif

Costco often has really nice video security systems. I purchased one with 8 HD cameras and the video quality is remarkable.

What exactly would you do if the camera shows the vandals?? Would the police actually pursue the matter?? Confronting the vandal could lead to violence now days. Cameras are not always an effective deterrent. Look at all the cameras in retail stores but shoplifting is still huge. Chicago has the most "crime cameras" in the country which doesn't deter anything.

Originally Posted By: jona20062000

I was hoping to set up a cam at my kitchen window which overlooks where my car is parked.

Good luck finding a cheap camera system that will allow adequate Night Vision reception thru a kitchen or living room window aimed outdoors.

If you find one, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back