Cheap filters from rockauto okay?

If Ultra Power AF starts with WA, does it mean it's Wix made? Just curious.

No, it doesn't. Most cheap jobber filters piggyback the numbering system of Wix, Fram, or Purolator.

Ultra-Power is a liquidator based in Sugar Land, TX. Their site is surplusparts.com
Rock Auto seems to be using U-P as a house brand.

the majority of ROCKAUTO AF and CAF filters are Chinese or Taiwanese manufacture, only way to figure out how effective their filtering capabilities are is for someone to do some testing, Ive used the TYC and DENSO CAF, the TYC is slightly more stout than the DENSO IMO, both are Taiwanese built, ive recently used the $11 Walmart supertech 7250 CAF made by Champ labs,made in USA it seems to be on the same level as the TYC.

That's not just Rock Auto, though. The country of origin rarely if ever depends on where you buy it

If the Denso from Rock Auto is from Taiwan, so will the same Denso part number from Autozone or anywhere else that sells Denso.

No, it doesn't. Most cheap jobber filters piggyback the numbering system of Wix, Fram, or Purolator.

Ultra-Power is a liquidator based in Sugar Land, TX. Their site is surplusparts.com
Rock Auto seems to be using U-P as a house brand.

That's not just Rock Auto, though. The country of origin rarely if ever depends on where you buy it

If the Denso from Rock Auto is from Taiwan, so will the same Denso part number from Autozone or anywhere else that sells Denso.
there are also the Toyota OEM DENSO AF and CAF filters made by CORTECO-MICRONAIR with the DENSO brand which are made in USA (for my Tacoma truck) which are high quality and very high priced. ive been looking to buy these MICRONAIR filters outside of a Toyota dealership/parts but no luck in finding any sellers of them. I know the CAF MICRONAIR part number for my CAF TY02116P but cant find any aftermarket sellers of them, unfortunately.

I have found Micronair Cabin Air Filters for my CTS on Amazon...made in the USA...I did find mine quite a bit cheaper than the OEM Micronair made at RockAuto.com at the time but next time I buy I won't spend the extra for it over getting whatever is a suitable replacement available at RockAuto.com...

Bill

I have found Micronair Cabin Air Filters for my CTS on Amazon...made in the USA...I did find mine quite a bit cheaper than the OEM Micronair made at RockAuto.com at the time but next time I buy I won't spend the extra for it over getting whatever is a suitable replacement available at RockAuto.com...

Bill
I would love to buy some MICRONAIR filters for my truck, ive only came across 2 sellers online that had them in stock but are now apparently out of stock, these are the sellers https://www.discountfilters.com/cabin-air-filters/micronair-ty02116p-2-pack/p177678/ and https://www.filters-now.com/selector_multi.php/?pid=Auto&group=Pontiac_Vibe_2006&parent=Year this place added a note that these filters are discontinued which leads me to believe maybe Toyota has gotten another supplier other than MICRONAIR for the CAFs, im pretty sure Toyota used PUROLATOR as a source of some oil filters once and they were branded DENSO Toyota parts(made in USA), now the supplier is in Thailand.

Back