Cheap filter for short oci's/engine cleaning oci's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal

Advance Auto "TotalGrip Protection Plus". It's their house brand. Looks to be pretty decent, I am doing a short oci w/ CD-2 for engine cleaning and decided to use one of these. They are less than $2 per filter!

Anyone know who makes these? The construction seems pretty good on them. If nothing else I thought I would suggest these for ARX/CD2 runs as something cheap and not Fram (lol). If I get a chance I'll cut this one open when I'm done with it and post pics.

AAP Total Grip is very decent inexpensive filter. I currently have a stash of 4 of them in 2 different apps. They are/were made by Purolator with slightly less media than a Puro Prem Plus. I had an excellent 4K UOA using a Total Grip and Valvoline Conv. Blackstone recommended going 5k. The textured surface makes them a breeze to install/remove.

They were a great deal with a BOGO, but that is history. They are now 2.88, still a very fair price IMO. I'd like to know where you're getting them for under $2.00 now, cuz I'll get more. The reason I say maybe "were" made, is because I'm not sure they are restocking the ones they have in the back, or just using up their supply until they are gone. You will have to go ask for them though, because they are stocked in the back with commercial accounts.

The link shows a cut open Total Grip. Go to the link, and scroll down till you get to AA AA2 Oil Filter and click on it. AAP AA2 Oil Filter cut open

at the local AAP they were $1.85 for my 91 Mazda 626. Maybe they cost more for the car you have?

I thought it seemed like a decent filter, and this thread seems to confirm that. For a short engine-cleaning oci it should be perfect, then I will change the oil again and on goes the Wix!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back