Cheap battery for low use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a new battery for one of our farm trucks 1994 (F-350) flatbed gas motor. Only used for 3 weeks during summer. How bout those Wal-Mart Maxx batteries? Thanks

Do you have an Advance Auto Parts in your area. If so, look for discount code#'s here and setup a login/password for AAP online.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Need a new battery for one of our farm trucks 1994 (F-350) flatbed gas motor. Only used for 3 weeks during summer. How bout those Wal-Mart Maxx batteries? Thanks

The Wal-Mart Maxx battery is a good value and will serve you well.

Advance auto use code WD29 to save $50 off $125, the same battery as Walmart but cheaper.

Any battery will get that job done, but you should think about removing the battery and charging it or at least disconnecting the negative cable and charging it occasionally.

Buying a used battery might not be a bad idea, because if you leave it hooked up its going to drain it flat and kill it quick.

When I worked at an Interstate battery store, we had a rack of "blems" in the back which were used batteries that didn't have a warranty but passed load testing and were topped off to the right fluid levels.

Cost was $30, no tax.

I'd check around.

Check Auto Zone (if you have any)-they sell their out-of-date new batteries as "used" ones for a decent discount, or the WM Maxx Starts are good too-I have 2 newer ones in my F-450 with a cheap solar battery charger, they've been in for 3 years & haven't gone dead yet, even when unused for over a month.

Wal-mart sells good quality batteries and the Ever-Max come with full replacement 3 year non prorated warranty. Excellent value.

Used battery from your local wrecker for $25. They even give a warranty and you can pick your own, so go by the date codes and get one less than a year old.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
When I worked at an Interstate battery store, we had a rack of "blems" in the back which were used batteries that didn't have a warranty but passed load testing and were topped off to the right fluid levels.

Cost was $30, no tax.

I'd check around.

Got me a blem two years ago at an Interstate Distributor,in Hamburg, NY, $40 plus tax, plus tax. $15 core charge, so I did the exchange on their parking lot. They told me it had a 6 month warranty.

Advance auto use code WD29 to save $50 off $125

Just used the code - Thanks! Where do you find the code of the day?
There was another online code at checkout, but not as good a deal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back