Cheap 5w-30 oil..what store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam getting ready to stock up on some oil, and I need some help on finding some cheap oil. If you spotted some or know of some, give me a holler.

Thanks

I bought my beater some O'Reilly's house brand last week for $1 per quart. Think (like lots of others) that it's blended by Ashland. Too bad Dollar Tree ran out of Phillips. Great stuff, cut consumption mightily from the oil change ST.

At the Walmart by me, Chevron is 74 cents for the 5w-30. Checker/Kragen/Schnucks has really good sales alot of times with coupons, which you can easily print off of their website. I think Shell is 49 cent after rebate right now.

Some Targets still has the 10w40 Syntec Blend for $0.62.

Good thing I wasn't tempted to splurge on these from my recent M1 EP 15w50 Target binge, since I've lost count of my SPRs' for quite sometime..

But as of last nights tally, I just realized that I have...232 qts!
shocked.gif
This oil hoarding is really getting out of hand!!

Dunno if I could take it anymore!!
gr_eek2.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
But as of last nights tally, I just realized that I have...232 qts!
shocked.gif
This oil hoarding is really getting out of hand!!
Dunno if I could take it anymore!!
gr_eek2.gif

Looks like you can open up an oil change place if you wanted too
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
WalMart oil is $5.48 per 5qt jug now. If you can find TropArtic for $1.24/qt, I think that's a better deal...

I saw TropArtic at walmart tonight for $1.32 a quart!

Your in California, so look for the sales at Kragen. They often have Chevron on sale (with coupon) for 89 cents and you get $4.80 per case rebate that brings the price down to 49 cents a quart. 49 cents for one of the best oils out there.

Just remember, you need to bring the coupon into the store. They do not have the coupons at the store. You can get the coupons online at www.kragen.com

Stock up!
cheers.gif

Check out the Kragen ad in your sunday newspaper. Chevron Supreme is on sale for .89, .49 after rebate. I dont think anyone in California can beat that.

Here is a link for the Checkers ad.

Great deals on oil

And with this deal, why would you not go with this for 5k OCIs and just be happy?
grin.gif

-

You'd have to run a $4 per quart Syn (If you could find it) to around 40k miles OCI to get the same value...
cheers.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: The Castrol GTX for .99 cents a quart is good too, But I doubt it's worth twice the cost over chevron..
dunno.gif
Esp in a 4-5k OCI..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back