3. Clint Bowyer

4. Kevin Harvick

5. Martin Truex Jr.

6. Ryan Blaney

7. Kyle Busch

8. Brad Keselowski

9. Austin Dillon

10. Joey Logano

Stoked that Kenseth got the pole. Super cringy grid walk as usual. Anthem was better than expected.

The cars raced really well in the Open, hoping this package makes more appearances if this works as well in the All Star Race.

I just noticed that this last mash-up took out 3 of the drivers that were in the starting lineup.

It's weird seeing them drive Charlotte wide-open all the way around. They used to go nearly 200 mph at the end of the straights, now it's more like 170. Must be a snooze for the drivers in qualifying, but if it makes for more side-by-side racing, I guess it's good for the fans. My opinion is they got the restrictor plate too small.

checking to see if anyone was paying closer attention to the announcers than i was last night, i only caught the the latter half...
I heard something about somehow bringing Hybrids into the series??? or something??

Yeah I agree billt460.

True story here. Yesterday as I watched the Open I felt like the cars were WAY slower than the should have been going. It was obvious something was not right there. You can tell by how fast the cars go by and over the white stripes. I turned the TV to something else to watch. I thought well maybe those cars are just that much slower because it was the Open race. Then I turned it back to the main race and it was still obvious that the cars were slow. Then one of the announcers mentioned the stupid restrictor plate... At which point I turned that foolishness off. Not too return back to that.

I got an idea.... How about them guys run wide open at Daytona again with no plate.. Restrict fans from sitting too close to the track... Say rope off the bottom 50-60 rows of seats. And then have the all Star race with that being allowed. That would be worth watching.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
........I got an idea.... How about them guys run wide open at Daytona again with no plate.. Restrict fans from sitting too close to the track... Say rope off the bottom 50-60 rows of seats. And then have the all Star race with that being allowed. That would be worth watching.

With the current lack of attendance they're experiencing, they wouldn't have to turn anyone away to do it. That's for sure. There is no question the "sport" is dying.

I watched the ARCA race they had there last night. There was NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE in the stands. I know it's only ARCA, but it was Friday night on Memorial Weekend. The hottest weekend in racing. And it's not like there was anything else going on in that town. It was funny to watch how the announcers ignored the complete lack of people. And how the camera men tried shooting at angles so as not to pan the empty stands.

They were lapping at 170+ MPH. Which is as fast as the Cup Cars were going in their "All Star" race. With their restrictor plates and parachute spoilers bolted on the back. Stock car racing isn't "dying". It's already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back