Charging an Electric Car circa ???

MolaKule

Staff member
Charging an electric car.jpg

They say fashion goes around. They were a failure then and they will be again. EV's are perfect for local mail and small delivery vehicles, but they need to leave people and the ICE cars alone. I see the UAW and Teamsters are getting their knickers in a twist.

Last edited:
They say fashion goes around. They were a failure then and they will be again. EV's are perfect for local mail and small delivery vehicles, but they need to leave people and the ICE cars alone. I see the UAW and Teamsters are getting their knickers in a twist.
Thank you for the laugh, I needed that.

About the same as a EV F150 pulling a trailer in the cold I figure.

40 miles? Not bad!

From back in the day when most homes didn't even have electricity!

View attachment 154464
1909 Tesla supercharger station :ROFLMAO:
The Peterson museum has some EV1 artifacts

A GM video on the history of the electric car, culminating in the (then new) EV1

Oh I had that EV1 blade charger modified into a school project once. It was induction charging because back then people were afraid of being zapped by leaked high voltage or in the rain.

Let's just say nobody does induction charging anymore because it was super slow, like 20 hours to charge, and a lot of loss. We went the other extreme today with DC fast charging and liquid cooled charging cable, people can't charge fast enough.

Back