Chargepoint upgraded my usual station - system bug giving me free charges.

So the station I usually use for charging at work has recently had its hardware upgraded (same 6.6 KW L2 charging speed - just a newer station I guess) and the user interface on the charger is much different.

Well since this "upgrade" it seems there is some fault in the system/software and I am not being charged for all my sessions, I don't monitor my ChargePoint app too frequently so did not notice this until today when I checked because they had to re-up my account. Bunch of 0 mile $0 charging sessions appear, of my last 5 charging sessions since 2/11 I have only been charged for 2 of them. Thinking back on these 3 sessions I believe I stopped the charge from the app a little bit before I unplugged so next week I am going to test that out to see if that is what is causing it.

Regardless I am not saying a dang word to ChargePoint - that is their system bug and I don't work for them so it is not my problem. If they catch on and back bill me I won't have an issue with that, if I can get some free charging until they catch on and they let it go I will be completely ok with that too.

I'm gonna keep it riding along as long - it has flaked out previously (not as frequently as it has been) and they never back billed me. I tested it out today and it is when I stop the session via the app, if I unplug without stopping it does charge me.

I'm really going to be screwed if they just charge me based on plug in time, it is not recognizing the KwH put in or when I stopped the charge. Yeah it will only be a dozen dollars or so but if they just go based on plugged in time I will be paying for a lot of non-charging time. Guess I am playing roulette with this at the time being.

Back