Changing Transmission Fluid on BMW X3, Without Jacking the Car off the Ground

No, I just wanted to know more information. I do maintenance on my parents cars. And they don’t know a lot about cars. I just wanted help so I can convince my parents to change their other fluids and how much it will cost to do
As it has been said, only thing you can get about these aftermarket fluids is anecdotal evidence.

As it has been said, only thing you can get about these aftermarket fluids is anecdotal evidence.
I get what you’re saying, and I appreciate the help. But it doesn’t mean their usage is invalid.

I get what you’re saying, and I appreciate the help. But it doesn’t mean their usage is invalid.
I have already told you that MaxLife is extensively used in BMW’s. But, the fact is, it is aftermarket fluid and pretty much kind of like all season tire is: ok in everything, not exceptional in anything. Only one fluid is safest bet, ZF8. Everything else is anecdotal.

I have already told you that MaxLife is extensively used in BMW’s. But, the fact is, it is aftermarket fluid and pretty much kind of like all season tire is: ok in everything, not exceptional in anything. Only one fluid is safest bet, ZF8. Everything else is anecdotal.
You’re right . We’ll never know unless ZF approves it. Which they won’t due to there not being high demand for the fluid

That is not up to ZF, but companies that blend aftermarket fluid. ZF8 is probably most widely used transmission, so there is demand.
ZF could license other fluids, but they don’t

Bingo! We have a winner!!

If I do it, I’ll go Maxlife or Lifeguard 8. And I’ll buy a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner snd the bimmer link app. I’ll make a post of I do change it.

Thanks guys!

Don’t complicate this thread more!!
Sorry, didn't mean to. Amsoil ATL looks like a full-on PAO transmission fluid, the pour point is unreal at -65C. That's what I'm going with. Just signed up for a yearly membership for $16 to get 25% off. It's not cheap, but it's better than MaxLife for sure. Probably the best I've seen so far. That, and RedLine. If you can get Ravenol, that's also a good option, much closer to home (Germany). Pentosin also makes quality ATF. If you want something high performance, then High Performance Lubricants also makes a very good ATF. The options are there, you are not limited to MaxLife or Lifeguard 8 my friend. I'd say think it over for a few more days before you decide, maybe get more opinions.

Sorry, didn't mean to. Amsoil ATL looks like a full-on PAO transmission fluid, the pour point is unreal at -65C. That's what I'm going with. Just signed up for a yearly membership for $16 to get 25% off. It's not cheap, but it's better than MaxLife for sure. Probably the best I've seen so far. That, and RedLine. If you can get Ravenol, that's also a good option, much closer to home (Germany). Pentosin also makes quality ATF. If you want something high performance, then High Performance Lubricants also makes a very good ATF. The options are there, you are not limited to MaxLife or Lifeguard 8 my friend. I'd say think it over for a few more days before you decide, maybe get more opinions.
The Amsoil looks good, too.I wonder what Edy thinks about Amsoil.

Back