Changed the oil and tried something different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since I had a bucket of oil leaking today, I found several oils and additives seeping through the sides of the plastic or so it seems.

Anyhow I changed the oil at the mechanics shop, and placed that *-2004 lexus filter on the truck, and upon startup after pre-filling filter, the engine was KNOCKING and CLUNKING and made other sounds for about 20 seconds.... all the while the engine OIL light stayed on, not even flicking, then boom it went off.

I then mixed several additives like Zinc and Moly and a little teflon and shook it all up and poured it in the engine with a base oil of a straight 40 weight. This is mixed with a 10W-30 oil.

Took her on a short 6 mile trip with 4 stops.
Seems to have more power like new, and starts quicker, I guess UOA's are gonna say something bad or good.

shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by arkainzeye:
just wondering why did you put a 2004 lexus filter on your truck? what kinda truck was it again ?

Well it was in another forum that the one I use was almsot the same... I bought some, and compared to the NEW design, and they look almost exactly alike. The Lexus one holds a little more oil and is larger, thus I wanted to use it...
and actually it is the 90915-20004 filter, and I mis typed the number above or had a brain fart, maybe the latter is more likely.

It is a 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 2.4 with 391500+ miles

[ November 15, 2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Robbie Alexander ]

quote:

Well since I had a bucket of oil leaking today, I found several oils and additives seeping through the sides of the plastic or so it seems.

So you just start you post with this statement and then move on? What gives? Buckets of oil? Seeping? Good God, man....you aren't that Groin guy in disguise are you? Please explain your answer.

quote:

I then mixed several additives like Zinc and Moly and a little teflon and shook it all up and poured it in the engine with a base oil of a straight 40 weight. This is mixed with a 10W-30 oil.

OK I'll bite, you also just wrote this to get our attention, non? Gonna sell the stuff? What ratios? What brands?

I'm afraid he's gone to the dark side, wants us to go with him, (heavy breathing sounds in the background) we need to resist, use the force, feel the pain....we can bring him back!!!!
Hold him down! Pour some Delo on him! We will overcome!!!!!!!!
Ok, now we get the girls right?? and save the universe and all that?
Rando

quote:

Originally posted by Robbie Alexander: Well since I had a bucket of oil leaking today, I found several oils and additives seeping through the sides of the plastic or so it seems.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo: So you just start you post with this statement and then move on? What gives? Buckets of oil? Seeping? Good God, man....you aren't that Groin guy in disguise are you? Please explain your answer.

Pablo, I thought I was either drunk or stupid. Since I know I'm not the former, thanks for clearing up the latter.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
-*-*Buckets of oil? Seeping? Good God, man....you aren't that Groin guy in disguise are you? Please explain your answer.

No I had TWO full buckets of oil on top of each other, and a couple partials by each other and most of my 1-gal with each other and all my quarts next to each other and my additives next to each other...
Well the nigh I assume this happened, I was SMOKING a cigar (what I'm about to do in a little while) and wife on the porch were talking and BOOM
it sounded like a shotgun, we couldnt figure it out and live in apartments and figured a fireworks or something.
Well it was late, and we went to bed. I got up to leave and surfed awhile and decided to go before the autoshops closed because I wanted to replace an O2 s1 that tripped a light and shut off a couple weeks or so ago...
Well long story short:
The FRONT DOOR and the whole entrance to the apartment 4x4 = 16 square feet were flooded with oil. All my buckets and all my Quarts and all the paper boxes including a new toaster and starter and other crud were all soaked in oil (dyed)... some got on the carpet... I took most of it on the porch, but since were in an apartment it's kinda hard... cleaned the bucket THAT WAS NEW (just arrived about 3-weeks ago) and knew it was not bad- right, placed it on the carpet and started to clean the rest and ran out of cleaner and rags and buckets... so I wnet to the atuoparts and filled-up....
Any way I notice 2 of the additives were like SEEPING too through the SEAMS and I decided to what the heck mix them and change the oil...
Then when I got back home, I found out it was the new container. - Dang it! The leak is a pin hole in the bottom inside lip of the bucket just on the edge that touches the floor, by the seam.
Bever seen this before.... I figured the BOOM sound was the bubble in the lid from shipment and now I know why it was slightly oily when I got it by UPS.... I did check out the bucket but all appeared okay except for the slight oil

Forget about GOING to the dark side, I think in this case the dark side is that little light spot at the end of a very loonnngg tunnel....OBIWON would be running away pretty fast about now...
Brother, we are praying for you.
Rando

I had a brother who used to talk like that. He has since gone and received help. He is all better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back