Changed oil in my friend's 2 cars with Mobil Clean 7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the target customer for Mobil Clean 7500, I think. The Iffy-Lube sticker was about 5000 miles and 6 months overdue.

It's a 1997 Del Sol. I used a Purolator Pure One filter, figuring it should last 7500 miles. I also replaced the crush washer with a metal/rubber gasket (see the other post).

The filter that was on there is a Mileguard which is made by Fram. I can't wait to cut that apart and see how wasted an ~8000 mile Fram filter is.

I figure that if he's gonna go that long between oil changes, it should be with an oil that offers some guarantee that it can. At $2.20/quart, Mobil Clean 7500 is a deal, I think.

I also changed the oil in his girlfriend's Saturn. It has the 2.2L Ecotec--changing the filter on that is a breeze and you can drain the oil without even needing to jack it up. I used Mobil Clean 7500 in this car, too. The "change oil" light had been on for a while. I didn't look at the Iffy-Lube sticker on that one, so I don't know how overdue it was. (My friend did tell me that Iffy-Lube charges extra for the cartridge filter, I believe $10 extra).

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy changing the oil on the Saturn is, because my mom's car (2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic) has the same engine, and I haven't yet changed the oil on it.

Neither of these cars were low on oil that I could tell, although I didn't make a point of checking before I drained it.

While I was under the car he said, "Is there anything wrong with using the $1/quart oil?". I said, "The point is to avoid doing this as much as possible, so the $2/quart oil is what I suggest".

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
He's the target customer for Mobil Clean 7500, I think. The Iffy-Lube sticker was about 5000 miles and 6 months overdue....

While I was under the car he said, "Is there anything wrong with using the $1/quart oil?". I said, "The point is to avoid doing this as much as possible, so the $2/quart oil is what I suggest".

Great answer!

Perhaps informing him about M1 EP oils might save you some time. With an M1 filter, 15K is no problem. You won't have to get under his cars for quite some time!
smile.gif

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
Perhaps informing him about M1 EP oils might save you some time. With an M1 filter, 15K is no problem. You won't have to get under his cars for quite some time!
smile.gif

cheers.gif

He did ask me about the 15K mile oil, I said I wasn't sure about it and I'd look into it.

My main concern was about the filter, but you answered that question.

Is the K&N filter also good for long drains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back