Changed my ATF

Hey guys, I got the time to change my transmission fluid on my 114 thousand mile 2.slow that I bought used and the fluid was never changed.

The stuff was burnt.

20210724_151313.jpg

I used the universal castrol transmax for a dump and fill, and this is not the end. After a week of driving I will change it again and again to get rid of all of the neglected fluid.

But dang, even after filling it up with 3 quarts of new fluid, the transmission has been shifting the SMOOTHEST I have seen! No more flairs, no more jerks, and no more weird boogyman noises coming from the transmission.

This stuff did me good! 40$ for 3 gallons is such a good offer, and it really is good T-4 equivalent fluid which these aisin 09g's should be running! (Cst is around 7.3 to 7.2, similar to T-4)

Good to hear you changed it. These call for changes every 40K or 50K (can't remember). I plan on having ours changed in the new Jetta (8 speed) every 30K or sooner. They like fresh fluid!

Good to hear you changed it. These call for changes every 40K or 50K (can't remember). I plan on having ours changed in the new Jetta (8 speed) every 30K or sooner. They like fresh fluid!
Yeah 20 to 30k, im not sure how the aisin 8 speeds are configured but if it uses a radiator a flush using the return line is cheaper and shouldnt hurt it. Its a passive flush and not an aggressive forced flush.

Glad this is working well for you. I’d consider using it a year or so on after seeing more positive reviews.

I ordered this fluid this morning through your Amazon link, ended up chickening out, cancelled order and ordered Valvoline multi vehicle.

Glad this is working well for you. I’d consider using it a year or so on after seeing more positive reviews.

I ordered this fluid this morning through your Amazon link, ended up chickening out, cancelled order and ordered Valvoline multi vehicle.
I agree. I'm sure that Castrol knows what they are doing, but this is a very new concept for me. But with the Maxlife, countless people have documented their positive outcomes.

I agree. I'm sure that Castrol knows what they are doing, but this is a very new concept for me. But with the Maxlife, countless people have documented their positive outcomes.
But Valvoline never claimed Maxlife would function in any CVT's, but only in Step-Shift transmissions it listed on its labeling.

Yep, Valvoline CVT fluid is $7.58/quart at Walmart.com
I wonder if most of the cvt fluids sheer like old atfs. Valvoline seems to be thin compared to the other major brands, Valvoline is 5.6 cst @ 100 while the others including the op’s stuff is all 7.1 cst @ 100.

Back