Changed brands AGAIN.... arrrrgggghh !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I had recently finished my RX rinse phase and had decided to use Pennzoil 5w-20 GRP III In my 2001 Screw due to extended warranty (Ford Spec) concerns. I figured if I was gonna use thin 20 wt, I should at least go to "synthetic" for the extra protection.

I decided to go buy another batch for my upcoming Oil change, and Guess what....I couldn't find it anywhere in town
mad.gif
Not even at the Wal-Mart I had originally purchased it from. I could find plenty of the 5w-30 and 10w-30, but no 5w-20.

Now I live in a town of about 60,000 and have no less than about 10 large Auto parts stores which include Auto Zones and Oreilly Auto parts.

So I went ahead and put M1 0w-20 in it. I hope I can still find that when I do my next oil change(it dissapeared from Wal-Mart for a couple months)
I'm sure it is a better oil anyway

Anyway, I just felt a need to vent my frustration at stores that flip-flop on their availability of certain oils.

On a side note, should I run a short interval to rinse the Pennzoil out, or will the residue mix with the M1 with no concerns?

quote:

Originally posted by rbraughn:
On a side note, should I run a short interval to rinse the Pennzoil out, or will the residue mix with the M1 with no concerns?

I wouldn't be concerned.

Pennzoil and Mobil 1 will mix just fine. There were mixing problems but that was 20 years ago or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back