Change Acura TSX ATF Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niece's 07 TSX has about 125k miles. Has been maintained according to MM with ATF looking good. Acura does not have a replacement interval so I assume the ATF filter should be good for the life of the car. However, it is only $20 and fairly easy to replace. Do you think replacement is worthwhile or a waste of money? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I thought Honda / Acura didn't have serviceable ATF filters ?

They do, the dealers just like to deny it. I asked them to swap it out last time I had the trans serviced....they said it didn't have one. I wanted to pop the hood and show them. They also gave me grief about having a transmission service "already" since I " just" had one. But yes it is servicable, its an inline unit on top of the trans,an easy set up opposed to other car makes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gregk24

They do, the dealers just like to deny it. I asked them to swap it out last time I had the trans serviced....they said it didn't have one. I wanted to pop the hood and show them. They also gave me grief about having a transmission service "already" since I " just" had one. But yes it is servicable, its an inline unit on top of the trans,an easy set up opposed to other car makes.

Yup. I inquired about a friend's transmission filter and they said it didn't exist.

I've changed them on our 05 accord and 03 tsx. I'll do them every 100k miles from now on. I drain and fill the trans every year or so.

Originally Posted By: Yazmeister
There seems to be a internal auto trans filter/strainer that can only be replaced during tear down. Part # for a 2006 Honda Accord 5AT (25420PRP003).

http://youtu.be/EDasbHP9TyI

Yes, but that "filter" isnt so good at trapping small particles. The smaller in line filter that IS better at trapping these smaller particles is the one that Honda denies the existence of.

attachment.php

Originally Posted By: Yazmeister
There seems to be a internal auto trans filter/strainer that can only be replaced during tear down. Part # for a 2006 Honda Accord 5AT (25420PRP003).

http://youtu.be/EDasbHP9TyI

Yes, but that "filter" isnt so good at trapping small particles. The smaller in line filter that IS better at trapping these smaller particles is the one that Honda denies the existence of.

attachment.php

You seem really p'oed about this! Was it just one Honda dealer who did not know about this filter or have you run into it several times?

Originally Posted By: artbuc
Yes, this vehicle has an external filter. It is Acura pn 25430-PLR-003.

I had a 2005 Honda Accord 2.4 5 speed auto which should be basically the same drive train as the 07 TSX (except for higher output 2.4). I replaced the factory external in-line transmission filter with a Magnefine. The filter is part #4 (25430-PLR-003) in this diagram.

14sda01_atm07.png

Some, not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back