Champion Engine Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this for the first time in the local Walmart. What category of additive is this? Here is the MSDS . Is it like a Marvel Mystery oil with ZDDP? Just curious since it gloats about synthetic protection but is refined mineral oils.
 -

Another thought, how ethical is it to boost someone's ZDDP? Joe Consumer puts SL oil in his engine, adds this stuff and is back at SJ grade oil with the 'risk' to harm his catylitic converter.
confused.gif

Molakule knows his stuff. I got to agree that Champion looks like one of those cheap stuff if I didn't learn more on this forum. Never would have known what FP/LC was until I had broaden myself in what I was lead to believe.

WalMart has this stuff on clearance, marked down from $12.50 to $5 a bottle. They may sell it for less than that. Does it have any uses?

Molakule,

sorry if this has been already posted:

I just checked the SpecialityFormulations web-site, but most of the links are not active and there's something weird about the text-boxes; they seem to jump everywhere and cover other graphics/textboxes etc. Reloading the page didn't help.

The "more details" link under each product is not active/clickable...(afak my comp. is ok.)

Is there any other way i can get more info on products such as the engine-protectant? (application/dosage etc.)

Thanks.

Strange - the web page just started working ... someone's burning the midnight oil!

BTW - many thanks to Molakule for all the invaluable insights - and the response to my question on the MSDS. Where else do you have a Triboligic consultant on-call?

In the past I was always interested in any new oil supplement, engine cleaner, or engine treatment that came alone-although I tried only ones that I thought I could trust. I guess I always had a sneaky idea that engine oils might not be as good as advertised.

But now I will not touch any oil supplement unles I find it evaluated by the knowledgeable people at this web site first. I personally believe in Auto-RX. I like Valvoline MaxLife and Schaeffer's oil supplements. There are a few fuel injector cleaners that I believe in. I still have some faith in Lubegard products. But that is about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back