Chaincase oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bombs dont use anything but your every day gear oils in their diffs, just like everyone else. Nothing special.

Personally, I like Amsoils "extreme gear" or "marine" gear oils for ATV diffs.

Rincon, thanks for your answer however I am looking at the Chaincase , not the differential, The chaincase is the tranny driving the CVT Thanks anyway
wink.gif

I need to put that in my ATV gearbox. However there is no chain ...only gears. Bombardier want me to pay 16.00 for 1/2 a litre of that oil when shell seems to make a different product for half the price. So, anybody use that stuff, knows the property of it ? In other words knows what is it ??

thanks

Quote:

Rincon, thanks for your answer however I am looking at the Chaincase , not the differential, The chaincase is the tranny driving the CVT Thanks anyway
wink.gif

I ride with two Bombs, but may be I'm missing something. The CVT is driven off the crank, just like all other ATV's and snowmobiles. However, snowmobiles do have a chaincase to drive the tranny. I was not aware (nor are my friend) that Bomb's had a chaincase.

In any event, if they really do, use chaincase oil designed for sleds. Speaking of which, I've never questioned what make chaincase oil different from gear oil. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back