Certified brand Lawn mower from Canadian Tire, what brand engine?

So I been looking at the "certified" brand mowers as well as Toro, and Troy Bilt. The certified mowers at Canadian Tire come with a 150cc engine, though they wont say who provides the engine.. thats what im trying to find out.. I know they also have a 174cc unit on another certified model.. im just curious to know what type of engine they use on it, hopefully someone knows and can let me know, thanks in advance!

I would wait until the Husqvarna 160cc goes on sale. It's looks like it has a Honda engine.

It seems to match up to the RATO chinese engine. Ironically, I have a RATO engine in my 2010 Poulan mower, and its run great since then, problem is it didnt come with a bag and where the wheels are attached, its rusted off... one of those situations where the engine outlasted the body... I am definitely going to sit until I can find a deal!

If you're ever in the GTA I'll give you a mower. As a hobby, I repair curb finds and then give them to families in need. Last week I was in the garage and my wife asks, "Why do we need more than one snowblower?" LOL

The Certified brand from CT look like B&S to me.

If you're ever in the GTA I'll give you a mower. As a hobby, I repair curb finds and then give them to families in need. Last week I was in the garage and my wife asks, "Why do we need more than one snowblower?" LOL

Thanks for the offer, i wont likely be in the GTA area anytime soon, but im sure those families appreciate what you do!!

Hi, I have been trying to get bolt off to change the blade. Do you have lawn mower to sell? I am in the gta.

I don't sell lawnmowers but my co-worker wants to sell his, he told me today as I was working on it. I can also help you with your blade removal, if you like. Let me know.

It seems to match up to the RATO chinese engine. Ironically, I have a RATO engine in my 2010 Poulan mower, and its run great since then, problem is it didnt come with a bag and where the wheels are attached, its rusted off... one of those situations where the engine outlasted the body... I am definitely going to sit until I can find a deal!
I hear this complaint frequently about steel decks wearing from metal fatigue. All those are easily fixed with more metal and a drill for rivets screws bolts etc. But, I digress :cool:

Back