Ceramic TINTS

Question, if one currently have ceramic tints on and not satified, is overlaying another ceramic tint be stupid? Or should the previous ceramic tint should come off and put a fresh new tint on?

Anybody ever had tint overlays?

Why not ask your local tint shop?

Regarding ceramic tint, a single layer will absorb the same amount of heat despite its darkness. At least that's how the contraption my tint shop had to show that even the lightest ceramic tint rejected most of the heat from an IR heat lamp. I know it was gimmicky, but it sold me on ceramic over traditional tint.

Why not ask your local tint shop?

Regarding ceramic tint, a single layer will absorb the same amount of heat despite its darkness. At least that's how the contraption my tint shop had to show that even the lightest ceramic tint rejected most of the heat from an IR heat lamp. I know it was gimmicky, but it sold me on ceramic over traditional tint.
Yes, I have a clear tint on the inside of my windshield that is supposed to block, I think, about 45% of the IR. It's legal and it helps quite a bit when driving West after work on 100 degree days.

Yes, those IR demonstrations are generally quite effective. (-:
All solar radiation conveys energy and will heat up your car, not just IR, so everything you can block is useful.

Back