CEO Diess on 60 Minutes talking VW and Electric Vehicles

VW CEO Herbert Diess was interviewed on 60 Minutes. Interesting, at least to me. The Germans are so much fun; they take their business tasks seriously, of course, but operate is a pleasant way. I spent some time in the beautiful, storybook north of Germany when our company acquired a company there.
We flew into Hamburg and were given a brand new, drop dead gorgeous black A6 to drive. Wow!

CEO Diess came in after Dieselgate (which really hurt VW), I believe. I wish him and his company success.

it's VW Groupe & Toyota's World.
We only live in it. Hope the next batch of innovation is better und better. : )

CEO Diess came in after Dieselgate (which really hurt VW), I believe. I wish him and his company success

Knowingly doing bad things is like murder.
Diesel gases are known confirmed carcinogenic. Dieselgate made it even worse. Such high level decision must came from management.

Last edited:
Knowingly doing bad things is like murder.
Diesel gases are known confirmed carcinogenic.
Dieselgate made it even worse. Such high level decision must came from management.

While I agree to a point, let's not make it as if they were feeding rat poison to children. Diesel trucks, construction equipment, and locomotives make "dieselgate" a drop in the bucket. And I won't even get into the sulphur dioxide gas that pours from volcanoes all over the globe all but daily.

And if you think VW is so bad, take drive and a whiff through Shanghai, China.... Don't get me wrong, bad behaviour is bad behaviour, but let's at least keep things in perspective here.

"... let's not make it as if they were feeding rat poison to children." Yeah, but remember what auto marketing is.......selling Zoom-Zoom to big children.

How dare the industry try to smoke the public into buying diesel cars with surprising performance and lies when everybody knows diesels accelerate more slowly than gas engines. VW's and others' filthy lies were designed so car companies could continue to manufacture old style engines for a longer time period.

Such high level decision must came from management.
FWIW, they deeply regret... getting caught.

People still watch 60 Minutes?
No matter who's interviewed, or the subject matter, 60 Minutes always does its best to create at least some drama and leave viewers with more questions than answers. You're left with a convoluted mess at the end of it, so watching it is a waste of time. Oh, and those interviewed, of course, won't address real issues or be truthful.

While I agree to a point, let's not make it as if they were feeding rat poison to children. Diesel trucks, construction equipment, and locomotives make "dieselgate" a drop in the bucket. And I won't even get into the sulphur dioxide gas that pours from volcanoes all over the globe all but daily.

And if you think VW is so bad, take drive and a whiff through Shanghai, China.... Don't get me wrong, bad behaviour is bad behaviour, but let's at least keep things in perspective here.

Exactly. Sk_pete also missed this topic which is Diess and not Winterkorn.

Easy on the "left wing" stuff. Stoned hippies do not own news outlets....those are big corporations.
News outlets, railroads, insurance and pharma companies and others fall onto the right side of "the great divide".
I agree that the show ain't what it used to be.

Easy on the "left wing" stuff. Stoned hippies do not own news outlets....those are big corporations.
News outlets, railroads, insurance and pharma companies and others fall onto the right side of "the great divide".
I agree that the show ain't what it used to be.
That's funny.

Nope.

News outlets? Sure yeah. OK.

Not the best way to go through life, but to each their own.

Back