Centric Premium Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used these? They are the premium model with the black coated hat- wondering if they are a top quality choice? Concerned that they are made in Taiwan.

Last edited:
That is better than Made in China like most rotors.

Your only other choice is Brembo blanks, and not all of those are made in Italy.

Some are made in you know where.

What car by the way?

I replaced the cheap OEM Ford front rotors on my Tribute with the Centric Premium. They are very well made and machined. They have been trouble free for the past 8k miles.

Remember, Taiwan is a very high-tech "country" now and most of their products are on par with the rest of the 1st world. While I try and avoid China-made products if possible, Taiwan is trying to fight the good fight against their communist overlords.

Originally Posted By: Drew2000

Remember, Taiwan is a very high-tech "country" now and most of their products are on par with the rest of the 1st world. While I try and avoid China-made products if possible, Taiwan is trying to fight the good fight against their communist overlords.

Not so fast now...

A few Taiwanese firms are also moving production to China - mostly computer firms like Asus, HTC and MSI. I'd still prefer Taiwanese parts over Chinese ones, just because of the QC and technology factors.

Another endorsement for Centric Premiums.

Replaced the OEM fronts on my 4Runner back in June with Centric Premiums right before a trip to the Smokeys. Appeared identical to the OEMs, down to the weight. Only time will tell if the metallurgy is the same, but so far, so good.

My digging, prior to purchase, suggests that a lot of the "no Chinese rotors for me" crowd haven't actually looked at the boxes their favorite brand rotors are coming in these days...maybe in the past, before green laws (among other motivators) forced the foundries to move, it was different.

Who says the famous name brands are not made in China?
Careful wording and final finishing can be done elsewhere, to mask that fact.
The Centrics seem decently priced.
Avoid the fancy drilled/ slotted ones.

Originally Posted By: nthach
Originally Posted By: Drew2000

Not so fast now...

A few Taiwanese firms are also moving production to China - mostly computer firms like Asus, HTC and MSI. I'd still prefer Taiwanese parts over Chinese ones, just because of the QC and technology factors.

Who is the overload?

Many Taiwanese firms own or control factories in China. They have the money, connections and expertise that the mainland Chinese have lacked. The resulting products tend to be higher quality than when foreign firm build or contract directly into mainland China.

This is a good thing for stability in the region. The people in control in Taiwan are ethnic Chinese that, hmmm, "left" when the communists took over. China claims that Taiwan is either a break-away region that needs to be militarily crushed or is just in arrears with their taxes. But they couldn't really invade when they needed the hard currency and products being sent to relatives back home. And then they couldn't invade when the needed the investment and business experience. And now they can't invade because Taiwanese interests own/control the critical industries and are increasingly spending time and money on the mainland. By taking the long-term view, eventually mainland China will control Taiwan again and the Nationalists will control a capitalist, non-democratic Chinese economy.

I have the Centric premium rotors and love them. Great performance and a non-rusted hat due to the black paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back