CCW Insurance?

I searched and looked a bit, but didn't see this topic discussed. (I would think that it would have been.)
What does everyone think?
Do you have it? If yes, with which company?
Has anyone ever had to use it? (I hope not).
Some seem to have other "perks", like training, for example.
In the end, I suppose that it is like any other insurance, you don't need it, until you need it. If you never get into a car accident, the money that you've donated to the insurance company is "wasted".
I've left this a bit open ended on purpose. Curious what people have to say.

Very good question.

I would like to see the actual claims presented to the insurance company(s), and the adjudication of those claims. Are they actually paying on claims, or is the policy written in such a way that the insurer is rarely if ever going to pay out on a claim.

I signed up for Texas Law Shield when I got my CC license. It's got a number to call, day or night, to an attorney if you shoot someone in a self-defense situation.

mine is uscca, with 10% veteran’s discount. an owner of a motor vehicle or firearm needs some kind of liability cover. in addition, the proper use of both a motor vehicle and firearm requires some proper training by a skilled trainer.

One option to consider is a personal liability umbrella policy. Yet carefully review the terms. For example, last time I checked a few years ago, USAA's umbrella policy only protects against "accidental" acts. You want a policy that protects against all "lawful" acts, whether or not they are accidental.

How about if its not self defense? Do they still help?
They won't assist if you shoot someone for your own purposes.
In the context of this thread it's worth mentioning that in some states, the use of deadly force is lawful in some situations other than self defense. For just one example, in Texas to prevent crimes like arson or burglary. However, IMO it's a bad idea to rely on that. This is for a variety of reasons, from legal (criminal), legal (civil), tactical, and ethical. The best approach is to consider deadly force as justified only when immediately necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to yourself or other people. This will put you on the right side of the law at all times (in the USA). And discourages civil lawsuits. And makes it easier to live with yourself afterward. And in the unlikely case that you do get sued and lose everything you own in a civil suit, you'll still know that it was worth it.

Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network is not technically insurance, but it functions much like that by covering legal bills in the event of a lawful self defense action. Mas Ayoob is one of the board members if I'm not mistaken. They provide some very good videos for training for members; discuss scenarios, laws, etc. in a general context.

Some firearm schools, like FAS in WA state, will testify in court to support any of their students who are subsequently involved in self defense actions.

Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network is not technically insurance, but it functions much like that by covering legal bills in the event of a lawful self defense action. Mas Ayoob is one of the board members if I'm not mistaken. They provide some very good videos for training for members; discuss scenarios, laws, etc. in a general context.
That’s what I have thanks to NY

Back