CC Price Protection Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's used this feature on their CC? Pitfalls, complaints, denials?

A comment in a recent thread caused me to look into this feature on our Discover card. I'm not really a Black Friday shopper, but we are due for phone upgrades (likely going to be Verizon with a new 2 year plan to get the "promotional" rates) and one of the suggestions was getting an S5 on a Black Friday deal. Seems like if I take advantage of the price protection offer, I could get an S5 pre-Black Friday and then submit a claim to get the same pricing as Black Friday.

Anyone done this successfully? Successfully with a smart phone on a contract plan? I'm wondering if the contract plan pricing may add an additional wrinkle as well.

TIA.

I've never used that feature but wondered also how well it works. However what you describe sounds to me like what any competent contract writer would include as an exclusion.

Have you read the fine print of your particular card PP plan?

I'd be careful. A lot of stores: Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc have special SKUs for the Black Friday deals. Precisely so you cannot price match.

Good points on both. Honestly I'm very suspicious. I've read what I can find online, but have to pull out the original paperwork this weekend. Called Discover 3 times, and 2 of the times walked them through the exact deal, one of the reps actually went as far as to say oh yeah you can probably read about some of the deals people have gotten on slickdeals.

Each time they've said a printout or physical copy of the ad should be sufficient - and the Target ad ($.01 for the S5) as far as see has no skus.

I still am very suspicious as it seems too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back