CBD oil and my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by RayCJ

My little Chihuahua is getting arthritis in his rear legs... There are websites like "WebMD" that give a lot of useful information about interaction and effectiveness for "non-traditional" therapies for humans but, I don't know of any good information for dogs. Does anyone know of a good site that gives sound medical advice? The sites I've stumbled upon seem to have a lot of quack information.

Maybe you could try a non-traditional vet? My cattledog tore an ACL 3 months ago and our normal vet recommended a very invasive surgery or live a life of diminished ability on anti-inflamatories. Found a holistic vet who's doing acupuncture, laser, and diet with nutrients specific to ligament healing. Too early to see much change but hopeful for a better recovery.

Any internet advice might not be quackery but won't be specific to your dog's needs. Good luck getting him help.

I'm not aware of any "holistic" vets around here. We have the normal vets here that cost at least $300 each time I bring a dog there
shocked2.gif

Glad the CBD oil is working, I use "Liquid Vet" hip and joint for our 9 year old boxer, it's helped her a lot. Just mix it with her food, it's done wonders.

Someone told me about it, figured it wouldn't work. It has.

Originally Posted by sloinker
As an old timer I have the usual knee and joint pains. I believe the CBD oil doesn't have any THC and would like to try it but alas my employer does random testing for drugs and I can't take the risk of the CBD possibly not being pure and putting my livelihood in jeopardy. I suppose I can get the doc to prescribe me oxy instead.

With the reputation of Oxy and the Slacker family talk about irony.

I tried the lower dose / strength CBD ( I am cheap ) . Over all , I could not tell any difference beyond day to day variations . Might have worked better with the higher concentration product .

I stopped using it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back