Cat is getting a stern talking to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect your stern reprimand will be punctuated with a yawn as he indifferently saunters away.

Perhaps "Max" would like to take on a less stressful opponent.

Originally Posted by earlyre
Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Are these venomous?

Australia duh!!! , everything is big and venomous or will eat you , that is why Aussies are so tough..

+20

Its like the whole country wants to kill you. You would have to be tough and vigilant to survive there.

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Glad to hear you're okay Shannow. Not only because of this incident but also the wildfires.

Okay is relative...but I'm OK.
Last 7 months have been [censored], but I've made it this far...

Thanks

Originally Posted by spasm3
Originally Posted by earlyre
Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Are these venomous?

Australia duh!!! , everything is big and venomous or will eat you , that is why Aussies are so tough..

+20

Its like the whole country wants to kill you. You would have to be tough and vigilant to survive there.

Yeah, as my wife said, when I showed her this thread, "that's why I live where the wind hurts my face"
lol.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Yeah, as my wife said, when I showed her this thread, "that's why I live where the wind hurts my face"
lol.gif

LOL!

Our plan is to move south at some point, but now and then a thread like this pops up, and I start questioning our intents.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
well, australia is a long way south! how about the southern usa?

shannow, how about getting a lizard? ah big lizard

I was moving some wood between the neighbour's and my garage during the fires, and found a nest of snames...does that count ???

as long as the snakes hunt them, yes. other predators of the funnel spiders include birds, small mammals and reptiles but the article wasn't very specific.

and just what you wanted to hear "Centipedes are expert funnel-web predators, and will readily enter the retreat, attack and consume the occupant"

centipedes give me the hibby jeebby's though...

is there a grey spot/area on the top part of the abdomen? just to make sure it isn't a mouse spider, hard to tell from pic.

Last edited:
Australia and New Zealand have these things, not an import this time, they were with us when NZ set off by itself into the Pacific. This one is 18cm, 7 inches, pretty scary when you are shifting old timber or rocks around and one starts moving. One of these and a funnel web would have a good scrap.

[Linked Image from ketenewplymouth.peoplesnetworknz.info]

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
as long as the snakes hunt them, yes. other predators of the funnel spiders include birds, small mammals and reptiles but the article wasn't very specific.

and just what you wanted to hear "Centipedes are expert funnel-web predators, and will readily enter the retreat, attack and consume the occupant"

centipedes give me the hibby jeebby's though...

is there a grey spot/area on the top part of the abdomen? just to make sure it isn't a mouse spider, hard to tell from pic.

Fangs were parallel...I wasn't worried about other predators or birds at that point in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back