CastrolGTX vs Pennzoil ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use a good filter and drain at reasonable intervals, I don't think it much matters if you use Pennzoil, Castrol, Chevron, Motorcraft or another good dino. All will provide good service. I like Chevron/Havoline as its always easy to find and priced very reasonable.

While both are good oils, the only thing keeping me from using GTX (I use Pennzoil) is the pour point. The last data sheet I saw for GTX put their PP at -27 while Pennzoil is in the low -40's. While it is rare, it does get close to -27 in my neck of the woods....to close for comfort in my opinion. Therefore I stick with Pennzoil.

If I lived in a warm climate, I wouldn't hesitate using GTX, especially at a cheaper price than Pennzoil.

I have been a devout user of Pennzoil dino oil for many years,yet when I look at the product data sheets of Castrol gtx and Pennzoil5w30 & 10w30) it appears that Castrol meets or advertised that it meets far more manufactures approvals than Pennzoil. Comments ??????? Ed Hayes

Both are good oils and provide good service. Castrol GTX was $6.42 per 5qt jug at Wally world this week. Hard to beat price-wise when Pennzoil is $2 more for essentially the same performance in a short-drain interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back